Director of Analytics Media
Seattle, WA, USA | Spark Foundry
Consulting - IT
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Director, Analytics and Insights will be central in driving analytic insights and strategic thinking for a specific Spark Foundry account. They will be the key contact for the client on media strategy/performance and will provide recommendations for both direct response and awareness/consideration campaigns. This position will be responsible for ensuring that data and continuous test and learn approaches are implemented and utilized to drive client’s media objectives.
This position requires strategic and tactical thinking with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and an in-depth understanding of online media and technology. The candidate must have a proven track record of data-rich analyses, be a team player, and be responsible in a client service environment.
• Utilize data to drive media performance by informing media plans and optimization strategies. Implement a data driven media planning and optimization infrastructure
• Utilize all relevant data and technology to drive test & learn agenda in order to improve performance of both DR and awareness/consideration initiatives
• Uses analysis to identify the key touch points/factors that drive business decision-maker behavior and make recommendations that will drive media strategy, creative and site optimization
• Inform, drive implementation and utilize a multi-touchpoint attribution model
• Uses knowledge of advertising and digital media to deliver client-specific analyses including: campaign performance projections and analysis, customer segmentation and profiling, retention analysis, lifetime value analysis, and competitive market research
• Performs ongoing analysis to ensure the timely adjustment/optimization of campaigns
• Identify key measures, approach and methodologies to track digital (online, interactive) marketing campaign success against clients’ business objectives – develop advertising test design including hypothesis development, cell design and sample size calculation
• Design and manage measurement systems for data capture and reporting
• Build a body of knowledge on media, technology and strategy performance with the objective of informing future media decisions on schedules, budgets, partners and strategies
• Identification, assessment, and managing implementation of data sources and tracking solutions
• Identification, assessment, and managing implementation of technologies relevant to client’s business
• Acts as primary day-to-day contact on measurement system project development and execution; facilitates communication and defines roles and responsibilities amongst all parties including internal, client, and third party
• Minimum 8 years of experience in an agency
• Experience with B2C and B2B digital campaign measurement and optimization
• Knowledge of syndicated media research & systems (Nielsen, comScore, MRI, Scarborough). Familiarity with DoubleClick DART. Must feel comfortable learning new systems and tools
• Experience in the analysis of large data sets to find useful relationships (data mining)
• Strong analytical skills with understanding of statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
• Experience with statistical analysis software products, research design, and a track record of implementing data and analytics driven solutions that impacted the bottom line
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with business leaders and develop research programs to support business goals in a changing media landscape
• Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
• Knowledge of web measurement technologies :
• Ad serving platforms (e.g., DART)
• Website analytics software (e.g., Omniture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics (Premium), Test & Target, Discovery)
• Experience with multi-touchpoint attribution – implication, application, methodology and technology (vendor)
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
• Paid search engine marketing data sources (e.g., Google, Yahoo, DART Search, Kenshoo)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Already a member? Sign In