Director of Capture Management
San Diego, CA, USA | BAE Systems
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
The Electronics Systems Sector (ES), Command Control Communications Computers Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems business area is seeking a Director of Capture Management. This position, located in San Diego, California, will report directly to the Senior Director, Capture Management, C4ISR Systems. This position will serve as the Capture Team Leader, responsible for long-term positioning and capture execution for top opportunities across C4ISRS program areas. The primary focus of which includes the design, development, manufacture, and sustainment of complex mission critical systems for the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense Combatant Commands and Armed Services in such areas as: C4ISR solutions, automatic test systems, aircraft mission planning and precision weapons targeting solutions, cybersecurity, intelligence data analytics and Multi-INT exploitation systems, signals intelligence and imagery and geospatial processing.
The Director Capture Management is responsible for identifying, developing, and winning new business with special emphasis on leading and capturing top priority pursuits. This position will lead multi-functional, high-performance teams to capture strategic business in a dynamic, matrixed environment, allocating resources and prioritizing effectively in limited timeframes; work across and throughout leadership channels to ensure appropriate multi-functional engagement to achieve needed objectives/milestones.
• Develops and executes strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities. Applies disciplined methods to capture current understanding of critical customers’ program goals; assessment of competitive market; and translation of the company’s winning strategy to development of proposed offering.
• Ensures that all captures follow the business winning standards, processes and lifecycle management review processes and are tailored to the specific constraints of each capture.
• Leads a matrixed team of functional and support specialists throughout the capture to develop the overall solution (technical, management, pricing, past performance, and other elements).
• Develops and leads execution of customer contact plans related to the capture pursuit.
• Takes lead in gaining an understanding of bid price sensitivity, applying an overarching pricing strategy, including assessing risk and opportunity, reflected in an integrated technical, management, and business strategy.
• Applies a comprehensive understanding of pricing and pricing strategies to develop competitive and compelling business strategy and business case.
• Leads the development of an integrated offering and works with the solution team and the assigned proposal manager to ensure win strategies and compliant/compelling offerings drive the submitted proposal.
• Sets, communicates and gains approval for bid teaming and subcontracting strategy and facilitates negotiation and documentation of teaming agreements.
• Serves as the strategic thought leader, discussion- and decision-driver through the capture process including presenting capture plan activities and results to executive leadership team
• Works cooperatively with other capture managers and business winning team personnel to support broader-based capture efforts in providing consultation, performing reviews, and providing mentorship to less experienced staff
• Manages compliance with security requirements and DFARS requirements.
• Manages proposal-required subcontractor relationships, including selection, development of statements-of-work, and management of proposal deliverables
• Plans and manages new business funds (NBF) budgets for opportunity pursuits and briefs executive management to gain approval for each phase of the capture life cycle
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
A minimum of 12 years related business experience with an emphasis on capture and/or program management work
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Demonstrated experience in developing and executing plans for the pursuit and successful capture of new business opportunities and guidelines for a $1.4B+ annual business
• Successful experience both managing and winning large (>$50M lifecycle value) and complex programs involving the design, development / manufacture, and sustainment of complex solutions for the Intelligence and Defense markets in the programs areas listed below for the C4ISR Systems business
aircraft mission planning
automatic test systems
precision weapons targeting solutions
intelligence data analytics and exploitation systems
imagery and geospatial processing
big data and database engineering
artificial intelligence and machine learning
• Demonstrated experience in planning, prioritizing, and managing the New Business Fund budgets required to support all phases of capture and proposal execution.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and leading execution of customer shaping plans, acquisition strategies, pricing strategies, and technical and management plans.
• Demonstrated experience in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and negotiating teaming and subcontractor arrangements.
• Experience with business development, capture, and proposal processes
• Experience with program management processes and tools
• Ability to lead diverse matrixed team comprised of solution architects, engineers, and subject matter experts, as well as other business functions, to develop compelling, competitive solutions for customers, including developing technical solutions as well as pricing and business strategies.
• Experience in proposal development activities, including participating in color reviews, strategy development, and ensuring all discriminators and value propositions are included in the final product
• Knowledge and understanding of mission challenges and issues confronting Intelligence and Defense customers engaged in the Analytics Systems program areas listed above
• Knowledge of customer community, relationships, and experience with procurement organizations in the Intelligence and Defense community
• Ability to conduct active customer engagement, demonstrate understanding of diverse customer needs, emphasizing active listening and communications
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills; ability to translate between internal language and that of the customer environment, ensuring win strategies and customer value propositions reflect customer priorities
• Ability to brief executive management during all phases of capture strategy and execution to gain approvals and allocation of new business resources.
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to develop Price-to-Win and competitive positioning strategies
• Federal contracting and procurement experience and knowledge
• Ability to shape Section L and Section M criteria to maximize scoring
• Ability to negotiate effectively with customers, industry partners, and teammates
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience and current knowledge of US DoD and Intelligence Agencies
• Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred
• PMP and/or APMP preferred
• Familiarity and/or direct work with EVMS program environments
• Shipley Business Development Certification preferred