Director Of Development
Syracuse, NY, USA | Syracuse University
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
Coordinate and oversee fundraising activities to generate contributed income for Syracuse Stage from all sources, including individuals, corporations and foundations, government and in-kind donations. Will serve as a key member of the campaign team tasked with raising funds for the renovation of the Syracuse Stage complex. Develop strong working relationships with Syracuse Stage Board of Trustees, funders, community members, and staff to achieve budgeted financial goals. Implement and oversee logistics for the annual Syracuse Stage gala, opening night dinners and other projects as assigned. Recruit, retain and supervise development department staff of three.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising, preferably for an arts or educational institution.
• Demonstrated success in solicitation of gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
• Commitment to developing and leading fundraising staff.
• Understanding of Syracuse and its philanthropic community a plus.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
Syracuse Stage is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our work, on and offstage. We are dedicated to hiring and developing diverse talent and believe deeply in equity, diversity of race/ethnicity, gender identity, abilities, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. We are committed to reducing physical barriers in the workspace and ensuring that all applicants and employees receive reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of any given role. We strongly encourage applicants who share these values to apply.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Demonstrated success with personal, corporate and foundation solicitations.
• Strong writing, planning and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work with other development professionals.
• Ability to recruit, retain and lead a team of development professionals.
• Experience with constituent database/CRM systems, such as Blackbaud, Salesforce, etc.
• Familiarity with the performing arts and an understanding of Syracuse’s philanthropic community.
• Highly professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
• Capital campaign experience desirable.
• Design and implement a development plan for each season to achieve budgeted goals for all areas of contributed income, including capital campaign, strategic action plans, timelines for initiatives and cash flows, budget and comprehensive plans for donor benefits. Supervise implementation of plan with development staff. Develop concepts for all solicitation and printed materials.
• Nurture and maintain ongoing relationships and dialogue with Board of Trustees. Serve as staff liaison to Board’s Development Committee to maximize potential giving. Monitor board participation in all fundraising activities and work with the Managing Director and Board Chair to ensure Board development and motivation in the area of fundraising.
• Oversee and track annual proposals and reports for county, state and federal government grants, corporations and foundations. Write or assign writing of proposals and assured timely delivery to meet deadlines. Research and develop new sources of government and foundation funding in conjunction with programmatic and or project needs to Stage. Complete annual and intermittent reporting on grants as required by funders.
• Plan and develop annual individual giving campaigns, including Circles solicitations and Angel Appeal. Strengthen and promote planned giving campaign.
• Work with Development Manager to establish annual budget and goal for Syracuse Stage Gala, including concept for event, date, location, timeline and artist. Oversee fundraising and logistics for the event, including table sponsorship sales initiative.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In