Director of Digital Analytics
New York, NY, USA | Epsilon Strategy & Insights
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Epsilon is seeking a Director of Digital Analytics to join our growing Digital Strategy & Analytics team. Using various tools, you will access marketing performance data to learn how consumers engage with marketing campaigns. Your analysis will help our marketing teams learn how to develop better-performing campaigns and will help our clients understand whether their marketing investments have been successful.
The Digital Analytics team generates insights from a variety of digital marketing initiatives, including websites (desktop & mobile), social media, mobile apps, email, customer relationship management databases, coupons, ecommerce platforms and sweepstakes to name a few. The Digital Analytics team works across virtually all Epsilon digital clients and will provide the Director of Digital Analytics with exposure to these varying experiences as well as skill-based training. The main role this Director will fill will be running the digital analytics practice for a large, high visibility CPG client. The areas of analytic focus will be email, database, and website analytics - though other channels will come into play on the account. In addition to working on a high visibility account across many digital channels, the Director of Digital Analytics will also work cross-functionally with our internal sales, account management, creative, strategy, tech, database, and project management teams.
Our ideal candidate is analytical, experienced in digital marketing and has excellent communication skills.
• Serve as a team expert in digital analytics spanning Web, Mobile, Social, Email and Media.
• Provide digital analytics guidance for multiple verticals such as financial services, insurance and pharma accounts. This guidance consists of identifying, planning, and executing analysis opportunities.
• Developing measurement plans which contain benchmarks and goals for each upcoming campaign.
• Creating and presenting customized marketing performance wrap up reports. These reports will outline the key successes, areas for improvement, and strategic recommendations to be implemented moving forward for our clients.
• Accessing and analyzing digital marketing data from a variety of analytic tools (Database, Email, Website, etc.) to create these customized reports and dashboards.
• Analytic Tools/ Data Sources of focus for this client include: Website analytics (Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics), Email (Adobe Campaign) and Database queries (using SAS).
• Other analysis areas include: QR Codes, Banner Ads, Social media pages (Twitter & Facebook), Social Listening, etc.
• The Director of Digital Analytics will work with an analyst to help compile and pull the data necessary. While the analyst will help with much of this, the Director also at times is required to go in and pull data themselves for ad hoc requests, etc. The Director will also focus heavily on crafting the marketing results presentations and making recommendations.
• Working with marketing research tools to perform competitive analysis around our clients and their main competitors. These insights will help to generate new marketing initiatives for our clients.
• Analyzing digital marketing performance based on customer and product segmentation and developing segmentation approaches for customers and prospects.
• Recommending contact optimization strategies to maximize revenue and profit.
• Consulting and rolling out personalization via tools like Adobe Target
• Advising on, building, and maintaining complete documentation for all projects.
• Working on multiple projects at a time.
• Providing ad hoc reporting.
• Identifying potential data quality issues; responsible for quality assurance testing and guidance for correction of any issues that are observed. Will work with the analyst closely in this capacity.
• 8+ years of relevant professional experience conducting digital analytics or working in another analytical field with a demonstrated passion for digital and experience being a key point of contact for a client relationship.
• Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings.
• Experience with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Workspace is required.
• Deep experience with personalization tools such as Adobe Target and working knowledge of experience platforms such as Adobe Experience Cloud is required.
• Effective communicator via both written and spoken word.
• Advanced level user in Excel: pivot tables, charts, v-lookups, and dashboard creation.
• Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills and experience developing client presentations.
• A strong working knowledge of statistical analysis and research methodologies is a plus.
• Experience with Email and Database analytics is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative field such as economics, statistics, mathematics, marketing or psychology.
• A master’s degree in business administration, statistics, or any other related field is preferred but not required.
• Deep experience with email delivery and reporting tools such as Dream, DREAMmail, Adobe Campaign, or ExactTaget is preferred.
• Familiarity with digital media tools (Dart, Atlas) or social media analytics tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter, and Pinterest Analytics) is a plus.
• Ability to organize and mine large sets of data for insights.
• Ability to communicate clearly the findings of a complex analyses.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work on multiple projects over the course of a day.
• Team player with ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment; ability to work effectively with diverse teams including statistical, technical, creative and marketing resources.
• Demonstrates an ability to think outside the box and take initiative upon themselves in order to solve problems as they arise.
• Familiarity with statistical software and data manipulation tools such as SAS, SQL, R, or SPSS is preferred but not required.
• Familiarity with databases (what they are, how they are structured and used) is preferred.
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world.
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
Already a member? Sign In