Director of Domestic Tax Compliance
Milwaukee, WI, USA | Johnson Controls
Industry:Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
Under the general direction of the Director Domestic Income Tax Planning and Compliance, lead and direct multiple facets of the domestic tax practice. This includes oversight of the domestic tax compliance and provision process teams and active collaboration with tax planning and implementation.Also provide support to federal and state exam efforts.Responsible for keeping up with federal tax law changes and ensuring compliance with tax laws that results in minimizing the tax burden of the company.
How you will do it
• Direct federal review of tax reform and tax law changes
• High level review of federal tax returns
• Review and manage information that supports tax filings
• Provide assistance with federal tax audits
• Research various federal tax related issues
• Direct and implement federal planning
• Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
• Participation in special projects and related tax planning
• Supervision / training and mentoring of domestic tax staff/seniors/managers and assessment of their performance
• Proven work experience as a Tax Senior Manager or Director
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
• CPA, MST or JD
• Strong leadership, project management and personnel management skills
• Analytical skills with detail orientation
• Good communication skills, both oral and written, including ability to communicate technical issues to both tax and non-tax professionals
• Both Public accounting and industry experience preferred.
• Minimum of 12 years of progressive responsibility in domestic tax matters.
• High degree of competency with Tax research, Microsoft Excel and Word and prior experience with various tax and accounting software applications, including CorpTax, Tax Stream and HFM
Already a member? Sign In