Director of Emergency Department
Temecula , CA, USA | Deloitte Consulting
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
The Director of Emergency assesses, plans, implements and evaluates delivery of patient care with 24 hour responsibility for total management of the Emergency Department. Provides administrative direction for development and evaluation of all nursing personnel, and maintains operational aspects of the patient care unit in collaboration with support services. Contributes to nursing and the hospital through support of philosophy and objectives, educational and research efforts. Accountable to assure that HCAPS, patient, employee, and physicians satisfaction scores are all in acceptable ranges. Accountable for building and directing teams to improve core measures and other Joint Commission initiatives. Has ongoing dialogue with nurses both one on one and in monthly staff and clinical unit. Is proactive in identifying needs of staff and resolves issues to improve patient care and supports nursing leadership direction. Is a positive reactor assuring new initiatives and practices are followed consistently without bias.
Essential Job Duties:
- Participates in Emergency Preparedness Demonstrates through practice drills and upon request understanding of his/her role in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Facilitates departmental and hospital educational activities and in services in conjunction with the Education Department.
- Responsible for development, review and revision of departmental written policies and
- Ensures that the department has equipment, supplies necessary to provide consistent quality and service delivery.
- Reports any unsafe situations or safety hazards immediately. Labels and removes any malfunctioning equipment from service and notifies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in related field
- Master's degree from an accredited College or University in related field
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of clinical experience in Emergency as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 3 years acute care nursing leadership experience in Emergency
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Certification through the American Heart
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification through the American Heart
- Current Pediatric Life Support (PALS) Certification through the American Heart
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match