Director of Engine Trading
Euless, TX, USA | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Responsible for finding, working and closing acquisition and sales opportunities. In this role the Head of Trading will travel extensively both direct to customer and also conferences and events. It is a fast paced, high pressure environment. Successful trading means we have adequate supply of USM from purchases and in selling assets we generate much needed quarterly profit to sustain business performance. The winning candidate will manage all aspects of the trading process, down to raising PO's, dealing with suppliers, managing the CRM tracking and reporting through SFDC and updating senior leadership on monthly update calls.
There is a high level of autonomy within the role. High levels of operational judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Prefer that this person is based at our Dallas / Euless / Fort Worth DFW Texas location, however a remote work arrangement may be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the acquisition of all used GE product purchased from the market and also from internal sources. At an aircraft and engine level. You will become the face of GE globally in this segment.
Aviation Only: May also include, Lead Inquiry to Order (ITO) processes through Order to Remittance (OTR). Deliver business sales, contribution margin, develop proposals; negotiate with customers; drive competitive pricing.
- Spearhead the purchase of minimum 85 engines per year and sell minimum 20, also purchasing aircraft and engines for lease.
- Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a minimum high school diploma / GED with an additional 4 years of services & materials management experience).
- 5+ years of services & materials management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- This is a very demanding role requiring constant pressure and high performance but one which is very satisfying and drives direct benefit to the wider business. The candidate will be able to deliver under pressure month after month working irregular and long hours. Ability to negotiate hard in difficult situations is a must.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Already a member? Sign In