Director of Engineering
Detroit, MI, USA | SpotOn
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
SpotOn is a software and payments SaaS company with an omni channel software platform that has redefined the merchant service industry by providing businesses with tools and solutions to help grow and run their businesses. We are one of the fastest growing companies in fin-tech (growing from 50 to 1,600 employees in the past three years). We rely on our products, our integrity, and a concierge like service team instead of tricky and misleading long term contracts. Our work, service and employees speak for themselves when it comes to merchant satisfaction.
We build easy-to-use tools, cutting edge POS systems and industry leading payment applications so businesses can increase their revenue and connect with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics. A suite of solutions previously only available to big businesses with their own engineering teams. SpotOn brings this power to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and small to mid-sized chains.
As a Director of Engineering at SpotOn, you will be responsible for building teams that execute even when you're not around; working across the organization to get things done; and see behind the corners to ensure that we know how to maneuver to still deliver products that delight and amaze our customers. Our executive leadership will turn to you for strategic direction as you build tactical plans in your sleep.
- Lead multiple engineering teams to effectively execute product roadmaps and produce quality deliverables
- Anticipate future business needs & collaborate with cross-functional peers (i.e. product, design, sales, support) to mitigate issues
- Invest in the culture of our teams, finding new opportunities for growth and development
- Drive the technical roadmap for your services, ensuring engineering managers are sharing process know-how with an eye toward automation and continuous improvement
- Create mechanisms, structures and processes where teams are able to consistently execute regardless of the circumstance
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously test and leverage insights to inform decisions
- Be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes everyday
- Clearly articulate, evangelize and display our engineering culture
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple software engineering teams
- Experience bringing modern, service-oriented products to market by overseeing multiple product development teams
- Strong record of hiring and promoting to sustain high-performing teams
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Desire to learn and grow your career and those you supervise
- Demonstrated ability to create environments where engineers can experiment, learn, fail, and improve safely
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of the Fintech, Restaurant, or SMB space
- Previous experience growing teams at Startups or small/medium companies
- Great jokes
… and here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday & sick time
- Fast-growing company with opportunities to advance
- 401K with matching
- An opportunity to build products used by tens of millions of customers
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Already a member? Sign In