Director of Facility Management
Hillsborough, NC, USA | Sports Endeavors
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
A family-owned company since 1984, Sports Endeavors is made up of players, coaches and passionate fans. Together, we deliver an unrivaled selection of quality gear, expert advice and stories of greatness at every level of sport.
Headquartered in Hillsborough, NC, and with our Customer Fulfillment Center located in Mebane, NC, the "home field" for Sports Endeavors, Inc. is North Carolina's vibrant Triangle region that’s also home to Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh. We are proud to foster a collaborative and creative workplace, with a culture based on integrity and respect.
We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a strong focus on customer service and a desire to work for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. In addition to exceptional leadership and analytical skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
Major Accountabilities/ Essential Duties
- Individual will report to Chief Administrative Officer and be responsible for all Sports Endeavors properties, with a focus on our Hillsborough and Mebane locations. Facilities total almost 400,000sf in multiple buildings and 28 acres. Responsibilities also include residential property in close proximity to the Hillsborough Campus. Candidate will also manage staff or contractors that will handle janitor services, security, general maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs and light construction. Some unscheduled overtime on nights, weekends, holidays and during inclement weather. Facilities are expected to operate 24/7/365, through any event.
- procurement and contract management;
- Janitor Service/Security/HVAC Maint/Conveyor/Lift Truck/Generator-UPS PM’s/Data Center Critical Equip PM/Grounds Maint/Vending/Waste Disposal/Recycling/CCTV/Card Access/Paging/Pest Control
- health and safety
- utilities infrastructure
- supervising and coordinating work of contractors
- calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money. Includes purchasing furniture and any general use items.
- ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- keeping staff safe
- checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences
- Mail transfers and employee packages
- AutoCadLT a plus
- Computer skills – MS Office/TEAMs and the ability to learn how to use computer based Card Access. CCTV and HVAC controls
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Proficient Communicator
- Client Focus
- Prefer BS or an Associate Degree with emphasis in engineering or maintenance.
- At least 5 years experience in Facility Management or Property Management.
- At least two years experience with supervising employees and staff.
- Must be able to lift up 50 pounds, use a ladder and work on platforms that extend up to 50 feet high.
- Must be able to work outside during all weather conditions, as needed.
- Training in the use of all company vehicles and machinery.
- Some work environments may be dirty, dusty, cold or hot.
- A valid NC drivers license is required with a clean driving record.
- A criminal background check will be completed.
- Periodic and initial drug testing required.
This is a salary position and requires a minimum of 40 hours per week. Normal work times will be 8 hours during the day shift, M-F. Some overtime and weekend work may be required. On Call 24/7. A cell phone is provided.
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral)
Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Team Member Merchandise Discounts, Athletic Club Membership Discounts, and More!
Already a member? Sign In