Director of Finance and Personnel
Bloomington, IL, USA | YMCA
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. As a member of the YMCA’s key leadership team, the Director of Finance and Personnel at the Bloomington-Normal YMCA stewards the Y’s cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Director of Finance and Personnel is a hybrid position; manages all accounting functions and serves as the association’s personnel resource.
Duties include preparation of complete and accurate financial statements, produces payroll on a bi-weekly basis, maintains all association personnel files, conducts human resources functions, administers approved accounting policies and procedures, works closely with key leadership team members, and assists the Executive Director/CEO with stakeholder/donor correspondence. Time allocation: 70% Financial, 20% Human Resource, 10% Administrative
Work Environment and Physcial Demands:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
· The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
YMCA household membership provided to employee, their spouse/partner, and immediate dependents at no cost.
100% of health/vision/dental premium paid by YMCA for employee.
12% of salary paid into the YMCA retirement fund by YMCA.
Life and accidental death insurance provided.
Flexible and family friendly work culture.
Knowing you’re improving the well-being of individuals in our community!
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, human resources, or equivalent.
· SHRM certification preferred.
· Five years of experience or more in a bookkeeping, and/or accounting role.
· Experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
· Knowledge of banks, banking systems and cash management.
· Knowledge of and expertise with computerized accounting systems. preferably Quickbooks.
· Ability to develop and use spreadsheets and standard business software systems.
1. Manages all accounting and budgets, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, cash management, and general accounting areas.
2. Generates invoices for all accounts receivable to include membership, programs, and contributions.
3. Designs practices, processes, and procedures for strong fiscal management.
4. Maintains records, and prepares various internal and external reports, including reports for various federal and state agencies. Assists auditors with end of year financial audit.
5. Prepares financial statements required by management, the board, and outside agencies.
6. Serves as resource person to management and program personnel in all matters relating to accounting and accounts payable and navigates differing stakeholder perspectives when making decisions.
7. Provides advice and counsel to leadership staff regarding primary human resource management decisions.
8. Facilitates key functions such as annual independent audit.
9. Develops and maintains key relationships, including with banks and insurers.
10. Supervises or prepares reconciliations of all YMCA bank accounts on a monthly basis.
11. Coordinates and supervises operating cash flow management.
12. Works closely with Executive Director/CEO on all financial matters of the association.
13. Receives, maintains, tracks, and accounts for all donations, contributions and pledges to the association.
14. Produces, and distributes written correspondence as requested by Executive Director/CEO.
15. Maintains all personnel records and ensures legal compliance.
16. Produces year end contribution reports and distributes to all donors.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
· Communication & Influence
· Critical Thinking & Decision Making
· Fiscal Management
· Program/Project Management
Already a member? Sign In