Director of Finance
Phoenix, AZ, USA | American Hospital Association
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
1. Reports financial performance metrics for assigned facilities.
2. Directs and manages key processes including financial, management and cost reporting and analysis; net revenue modeling; operating and strategic financial planning; annual operating and capital budgeting; decision support and business analysis.
3. Establishes systems to monitor performance and assure all departments are delivering financial goals as committed through the budget. Recommends redistribution of resources when necessary to deliver outcomes.
4. Assures adherence to company financial policies and internal controls, regulatory compliance, and generally accepted accounting principles. Develops and implements financial policies and/or procedures as needed.
5. May direct personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Provides on-going financial education opportunities for staff, department managers and administration, as necessary.
6. May leads teams and models behaviors to improve processes, customer satisfaction, and profitability. Works with department managers and other department personnel to identify financial improvement opportunities through monthly budget variance analysis, studying trended data, comparing benchmark information and reviewing productivity data.
7. Provides financial decision support to assigned operating unit(s) and selected service lines by providing program, payer and service profitability reports and operating and capital investment analysis and forecasting.
8. Ensures the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics for operating unit. Primarily supports senior leadership across the operating unit and facility.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with seven or more years experience in healthcare finance. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Requires ability to prepare detailed operating and financial reports using advanced computer skills. Requires strong interpersonal, leadership and communication/presentation skills.
Master of Business Administration or Certified Public Accountant (MBA/CPA) is highly desirable or equivalent work experience with an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, cost accounting and healthcare reimbursement methodologies. Previous management of professional level staff highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Already a member? Sign In