Director Of High School Relations
Syracuse, NY, USA | Syracuse University
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
The Director of High School Relations is responsible for managing the recruiting interactions between Syracuse University and prospective student athletes and the staffs at the high schools these student athletes attend. This position provides oversight and direction to football staff who recruit students for the football team, evaluates prospective student-athletes and determine their status (and position) on the team recruiting board.
• Three (3) plus years of experience in a collegiate sports setting (Coaching and/or Football experience desired).
• Three (3) plus years of experience in a scouting department (NFL preferred).
• Three (3) plus years of experience in a leadership position required.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Desired proficiency in XOS and Hudl software.
• Detail oriented, ability to organize large amounts of data.
• Provide strategy and direction of football team member/student recruitment.
• Oversee all aspects of recruitment of students.
• Scout, evaluate, and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate departmental personnel.
• Be responsible to identify, cultivate and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
• Plan, set up and run all official and unofficial recruitment visits.
• Evaluate prospective student-athletes and determine their status (and position) on the team recruiting board.
• Designate which prospective student-athletes are to be offered athletic scholarships.
• Develop an internal evaluation system for prospective student-athletes; to include athletic ability, academic qualifications, character, etc.
• Direct assistant coaching staff in all recruiting efforts.
• Manage team roster and scholarship counts to remain compliant with all NCAA rules and regulations.
• Complete recruiting related tasks as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
Manage relationships with high school staffs in areas that Syracuse University recruits
Alrdeady a member? Sign In