Director of Human Resources
Gulfport, MS, USA | Leading Healthcare - Hospitals Company
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:76 people have viewed this job
The Human Resources Director plans, organizes and directs all aspects of Human Resources Management in such a manner as to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, compliance with all company policies and legal aspects of employee/employer relationships.In addition, the Human Resources Director:
•Directs hospital recruitment and retention program to ensure availability of appropriate staffing resources.Serves as a resource to department managers and other employees.
• Coordinates the overall education program for all staff in conjunction with the Education Coordinator/Employee Health Nurse.
• Monitors Employee Health activities and Workers’ Compensation management.
• Assists with Benefits Administration.
• Acts as liaison between Corporate HR and the hospital management.
• Ensures appropriate documentation and record-keeping for regulatory compliance.
Leading Healthcare - Hospitals Company Rehabilitatoin Hospital a partner of Memorial Hospital in Gulfport is a 33 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. This hospital is a joint venture with Memorial Hospital.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Leading Healthcare - Hospitals Company therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
4500 13th Street
License or Certification:
None.Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
· BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field required.Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
· Minimum of three to five years of Human Resources Management experience, preferably in healthcare.
· Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
•Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations when setting policies and procedures and in dealing with daily employee situations.
Is responsible for oversight of all HR office operations; benefits, recruitment and retention, workers compensation, staffing and wages, employee relations.
Ensures that the hospital is compliant with The Joint Commission, state and federal standards.