Director Of Information Technology - Human Resources
Syracuse, NY, USA | Syracuse University
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:87 people have viewed this job
The Director of HR Information Technology is a key member of the HR Leadership team and will work collaboratively to optimize Syracuse University’s information solutions. A recent recipient of the PeopleSoft Innovators’ Award for its work in utilizing fluid forms to enhance user experience, the Human Resources Information Technology team has a customer-centric focus in an organization that increasingly emphasizes data-driven decision making.
Syracuse University is a private research university of extraordinary academics, distinctive offerings, and an undeniable spirit. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of HR Information Technology position is an outstanding opportunity to apply your technical skills, creativity and leadership to shape the direction of human resources information technology.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related fields preferred.
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in information technology. Experience in human resources information technology, especially in higher education, preferred.
• Strong experience managing a highly productive information technology team.
• Strong experience providing strategic direction and collaborating with other information technology system leaders to deliver integrated solutions.
• Experience optimizing PeopleSoft preferred.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Desire to operate in a fast paced, professional atmosphere in a highly visible role.
• Possess senior level competencies in HR expertise, consultation, business acumen, global and cultural effectiveness, critical evaluation, leadership and navigation, communication, relationship management and ethical practice.
• Demonstrated record of developing strategies and implementing successful, creative, and forward thinking solutions to streamline workloads, provide better customer service, and deliver data to drive decision-making.
• Possess the willingness and ability to “think outside the box” to become an innovative thought leader in Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT).
• Demonstrated record of managing projects in a highly collaborative environment within time and resource constraints.
• Ability to work collaboratively and utilize the power of persuasion to further the University’s goals with internal influencers and external consultants.
• Exemplify Syracuse University’s commitment to create a community that values diversity and inclusion.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to a diverse audience.
• Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
• Lead a highly productive team of three professionals. Evaluate, mentor and direct professional development opportunities. Foster healthy professional relationships and a strong team focus.
• Provide strategic direction on all human resources information technology solutions. Evaluate HR business needs, research potential options, recommend solutions and manage the implementation of those solutions. Recommend HR business process improvements with a focus towards efficiency and data quality.
• Apply understanding of HR goals to effectively and strategically manage the university’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and the Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP).
• Advise HR leaders and campus stakeholders on current and future state-of-the-art human capital development systems and associated services.
• Manage the day-to-day Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) operations to ensure quality and timeliness of the work. Application development and support tasks of the team include business analysis, requirements definition, system configuration and/or programming, testing (including full regression testing support during implementation of periodic vendor-provided system enhancements, patches or upgrades) and production deployment. Other duties of the team include extracting, analyzing and producing data reports.
• Responsible for ensuring the functional integrity of employee demographic and employment data. Establishes and enforces security access policies and protocols for all HR systems.
• Participate in university-wide ITS planning and prioritization meetings to represent HR goals and projects. Responsible for the HRIS project calendar and training needs of the department.
• Participate in and/or lead cross-campus committees and cross-functional teams. Communicate benefits of system enhancements to leadership and diverse audiences on campus.
Already a member? Sign In