Director of Marketing
New York, NY, USA | Ceros
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
MarkUp is the leading visual commenting platform for websites, PDFs and images. We’re passionate about allowing companies to more efficiently collaborate and manage feedback. Within just 2 years, we have signed up over 200,000 users from some of the world’s leading brands such as Getty Images, BDO, Colliers, AIG, Rosetta Stone, Johnson & Johnson, and Dolby.
We are owned and operated by our parent company Ceros— a design platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital experiences without code. As we share the same DNA as Ceros, we’re also passionate about helping companies transform their approach to creating and managing digital content.
We are well-funded and institutionally-backed by prominent investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are seeking a badass marketer with a background in digital and SaaS.This role will touch everything from content marketing, to landing page optimization, to ideas to make the website into a lead gen engine and community building. You don’t have to have experience in everything, but should have a strong digital growth mindset and a stronger opinion about how to use digital to drive business goals. MarkUp already has over 200,000 users but we are ready to grow to the next level. This is a cornerstone hire, around which we can build out a full marketing team over the next 18 months.
• Lead in the creation and execution of the higher level marketing strategy for MarkUp.
• Take an innovative approach to growth at Markup to drive engagement, conversion, and opportunities for the team to pursue.
• Bring new ideas to the table around top of funnel lead generation and engagement
• Out of the box thinking - we want an innovator not the standard B2B playbook
• Manage, optimize, or remove obvious and non-obvious conversion points in the sales and marketing funnel
• Support after sale marketing, such as automated nurturing streams to customers and active pilots
• Optimize the lead-to-customer conversion rate
• Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, and come up with new, non-lame ways to engage the people in our database.
• Segment lists based on behaviors like past engagement and website interactions, customer lifecycle, lead score, and other things we haven’t thought of, to ensure people are getting relevant messages they actually enjoy.
• Understand SEO, what things are worth optimizing, what things aren’t, and know when and where to spend your time trying.
• Understand and potentially test paid media to understand how we can leverage it to find new people who need Ceros.
• Building out and managing the overall marketing function of Markup
Practical stuff we anticipate you having:
• BA/BS or equivalent working experience
• 10+ years of experience with specific experience in B2B SaaS growth
• Past experience with web analytics, A/B testing, and inbound marketing
• Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data
• Experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics, and with trying new things to make marketing interesting
• Experience building communities of engaged and active users
What we’re looking for from the heart:
• Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humor, team player mentality and the ability to convey this through communication and presentation skills
• Intellectually curious; you want to understand everything about our product, customers & market opportunity
• Comfortable working in a complex and ever-changing environment
• Strong network of contacts and excellent communication skills with a confidence to build relationships at all levels
Key things to know
• We want you to start ASAP
• This is a remote, full-time position
• Competitive salary and bonus structure
• Unlimited vacation days
• Stock options
• Premium health insurance
• Excellent gear along with work from home stipend
• Paid parental leave
• Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
Already a member? Sign In