Director of Nursing
Salinas, CA, USA | Wellpath
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:98 people have viewed this job
Under the direction of the Physician, Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed medical professional, the Director of Nursing (DON) will be responsible for planning, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department in compliance with all applicable nursing standards, local, state and federal regulations and laws.
What you bring to the table
Education for Director of Nursing:
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
• BSN or Masters in Nursing is preferred
Experience for Director of Nursing:
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in health care management, five years preferred.
• Three (3) years’ correctional experience
Licenses/Certifications for Director of Nursing:
• Unrestricted current RN license in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
• Current (and must maintain) lifesaving ACLS certification through AHA
• Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
What you will do
Assists in the overall responsibility for coordinating the health care services for county’s detention facilities and carries out the terms of the county contract
Assists in the recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of all nursing personnel
Perform employee evaluations and make recommendations for employee promotion/discipline
Completes all staff scheduling
Assists with nursing sick-call when necessary
Already a member? Sign In