Director of Operations and Partnerships
Boston, MA, USA | Non Profit Organization
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:115 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the Lead Organizer, the Director of Operations and Partnerships (DOP) is a full- time position responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of organizational operations and partnership management. The DOP will oversee UCB’s general operations and manage the relationships with all of the organizations that work in partnership with UCB.
The DOP is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the annual budget in conjunction with the Lead Organizer. They are responsible for managing UCB’s organizational services and office space and ensuring that they are in compliance with all requirements.
They will work with each of UCB’s partner organizations to ensure that services, agreements, and goals are being met. The DOP will partner closely with the Lead Organizer to chart Union Capital Boston’s future growth and strategic response to an increasing need for the organization’s mission and services.
* Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship of UCB by active involvement in all UCB programs and services. Implement and lead, throughout the operational and partnership areas, a continuous quality improvement process focusing on optimization of systems. Promote regular and ongoing opportunitiesfor all staff to give feedback on these operations.
* Develop thought leadership around specific topics/emerging practice areas. Operations
* Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of internal policies, controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
* Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
* Work in conjunction with the bookkeeper to manage financial reporting and oversight.
* Partner with the Lead Organizer to represent UCB with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations.
* Manage current partner organization relationships to ensure that UCB supports and fosters the partnership by delivering high quality services and impact.
* At least 5 years of professional experience. Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree. Advanced degrees welcomed.
* Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for operational excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with an executive director and board of directors.
* Can point to tangible examples of operational success and external relationship building.
* Ability to work in a diverse environment, demonstrating empathy, an ability to listen, and awareness of one’s own biases and privilege. A commitment to dismantling systemic racism and holding the organization accountable to its own values.
* Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in their work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
* Outstanding communication, including email, and interpersonal skills are essential.
* Strong software skills and instincts. Experience working with Salesforce and QuickBooks is helpful.
* Passionate about Union Capital Boston’s mission of building social capital. Able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of UCB to external and internal stakeholders.
Already a member? Sign In