Director of Operations
N/A, DC, USA | Louis Berger Group
Industry:Architecture / Construction / Civil Engineering
Operations / Production
Job Description:101 people have viewed this job
The Power & Fuels operations with Louis Berger Services (LBS), Defense & Logistics (D&L) business unit provides global expertise in design, procurement, construction and operations, and maintenance of power generation and the primary distribution systems for continuous and reliable power. Our primary market is the intermediate niche between large spot generation applications and power stations greater than 100MW with primary focus on "island" power, remote locales, and developing markets with limited or unreliable power infrastructure. LBS D&L also supports major contingency, temporary, and emergency power requirements globally.
The ideal candidate with have a demonstrated history of leading business operations delivery on program/project performance requirements, as well as driving growth through successful client management and program development. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong industry knowledge and the capability of collaborating, communicating, and working with senior managers and staff, strategic business partners, local and international subcontractors, USACE and other military clientele, and local officials as the situation requires.
This position will report directly to the Vice President & General Manager, Power & Fuels.
- Operational management of our portfolio of power projects - successfully meeting client expectations and business financial performance targets.
- As a member of the LBS D&L senior management team, the Director, Operations is expected to contribute to our strategy to expand our Power portfolio outside our current military-centric business.
- Director, Operations will be responsible for client relationships and collaborating with the D&L business development team to identify new opportunities and winning bids in the federal government and commercial sectors.
- Attend and participate in conferences and industry forums, with clients and industry partners.
- Consult with representatives of industry and federal agencies on plans, new developments, and methods to accomplish identified prime power program requirements.
- Lead the power technical team proposals and project implementation and execution solutions.
- Travel to lead the mobilization effort of specific projects or address operational/client challenges.
- Oversee and direct planning, scheduling, and monitoring the installation/construction progress of the site development, procurement and logistics, thus serving as a single POC for the client for major programs.
- Monitor financial performance of the projects.
- Manage and review all phases of project controls on assigned projects.
- Continually review projects in progress, upcoming needs, and create plans, evaluations.
- Lead project teams, including talent acquisition and retention, engagement of key personnel and performance management.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree
- Professional Registration preferred
- 10 years of professional experience with a minimum of 8 years of project management experience
- Experience in managing medium to large scale projects, including managing a technical staff, inspectors, and support personnel
- Minimum of five years of business development experience pursuing international power programs and successfully acquiring new business/projects
- Excellent leadership skills; understands motivation and engagement, clear and direct communication
- Strategic thinker who can also execute operationally; strong communication and platform skills
- Strong negotiation skills, analytical thinker
- Solid network of professional contacts within the industry and a good understanding of building relationships
- Can work effectively with demanding clients and time lines
- Willingness to travel internationally to austere project locations 25% of the time
- Possesses the ability to understand basic electrical, mechanical, civil concepts; engineering, design, and construction
Already a member? Sign In