Director of Programs - Smart Implants
Boston, MA, USA | Cambridge Consultants
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
At Cambridge Consultants we work on medical projects that transform lives. Our clients come to us with challenges that require cutting edge, multidisciplinary solutions for patient focused innovation that improves healthcare – and we provide exceptional service. In our downtown Boston office, we’ve built remarkable design and engineering teams who provide inspiration and will always challenge you to be your best while fostering your personal and career growth. You will be involved in all aspects of product development from brainstorming ideation to final delivery and help create the next generation of medical, consumer and industrial product experiences.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager with energy, enthusiasm, and talent to help us drive the growth of our Medical Technology business from our Boston office.
The position provides the opportunity for you to apply your program management skills to lead technical teams through the full product development lifecycle. You will lead the delivery of programs that are technically demanding and ambitious, and you will skilfully navigate the journey to program success for our clients.
As a senior member of the Medical Technology team in the US, you will have a particular focus on helping to identify new opportunities and then building and growing new client relationships and programs.
The programs you will manage will be technically demanding and will span all aspects of medical technology and utilize a wide range of science and engineering disciplines. Our medical technology programs often deliver novel and radical solutions to new and existing problems under tough commercial, regulatory and time constraints. You will work with a team to design and execute programs to meet your clients’ needs, and your position at the interface between your clients and the technical teams will have a defining impact on program success.
Your communication skills are key; you will need to be adept at understanding and translating the business needs of your clients and complex technical concepts and challenges from your team of exceptionally bright engineers.
You must be comfortable managing remote teams working from Cambridge Consultants’ global locations and state-of-the-art facilities in the UK, Boston, and Singapore, to deliver programs for global clients.
Day to Day
There is no such thing as a typical program. Your clients will be ambitious startups and major global organizations across many markets. Each will have different expectations for how they want their programs to be run. Programs will range from technology strategy advice, through product realization and NPI. Our Program Managers are resourceful and excel in their ability to take on something new with each program, adapting to many different functions, activities, and client needs.
Program management activities you will be responsible for include:
- Working with clients to understand their needs and the value Cambridge Consultants can bring to their business
- Close partnership with technical leads, designing, planning, estimating, and preparing project proposals
- Communicating project proposals to clients, making it very clear how they meet your clients’ needs
- Once underway, driving projects through the entire lifecycle, keeping teams on task, on time, and on budget
- Nurturing an open and collaborative working relationship with your clients throughout programs, based on trust
- Providing critical information on program status, risks, and issues to your clients, enabling you and them to work together to make informed decisions on the direction of projects
- Leading and directing meetings with clients, keeping meetings on point and efficient
- Playing a key role as part of the technical team – facilitating team meetings and design reviews, discussing technical trade-offs, monitoring and mitigating technical risks, and asking the right questions to understand project status
What You Need to Succeed
You need to be an experienced Medical Development Program Manager with enthusiasm to succeed and develop in the role, thriving on the freedom and responsibility it offers.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an engineering, technical, or scientific discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ recent, hands-on experience applying project management tools and techniques
- Experience working directly alongside engineers and developers, building and motivating teams to succeed
Core Skills and Experience
- Curiosity and drive to understand clients’ businesses, technologies, and needs
- Creativity and a problem-solving mentality, to design and adapt projects to meet clients’ needs
- Ability to communicate complex technical messages to non-technical stakeholders, verbally and in written reports
- When a board goes up in smoke or the screen freezes mid-demo, the ability to keep calm, reassure the client, and lead the team to work through the complications and deliver a solution
- Experience in program delivery using Agile methodologies
- Direct experience in smart/connected implants, biological hardware/cell and gene therapy devices, or surgical systems device development either within a product company or consultancy
- Exceptional visual communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled
Cambridge Consultants is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email us. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us. This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements
Already a member? Sign In