Director of Programs
Bozeman, MT, USA | Non Profit Organization
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
Haven is the nonprofit organization supporting survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and sex trafficking in Gallatin County, Montana. Haven is on the cusp of a new stage for the organization, opening a world-class shelter and community resource center, doubling its staff in a three-year timeframe, and launching new partnerships that focus on supporting survivors in all areas of their lives and healing.
The Director of Programs is responsible for developing and implementing best practice models for Haven’s programs; for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws as they relate to Haven’s programs and services; and for supporting the services provided to Haven participants. The Program Director will ensure services are delivered to Haven participants in a consistent, participant-centered, trauma-informed, empathetic, and non-judgmental manner. To measure the success of our programs, and inform how programs can be improved, the Program Director will ensure accurate and effective data collection, program evaluations, and communicate pertinent information between teams. If you are a creative problem-solver with a supportive management style and a drive to increase the community’s involvement in ending gender-based violence, this could be the job for you.
Your work will be in partnership with Haven’s experienced Leadership Team and will be guided by Haven’s values of empowerment, equity, access, growth, integrity, and connection. If these values resonate, Haven might be the right fit for you.
Program Development and Evaluation:
• Serve as a member of the staff Leadership Team. Partner with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in executing the development of long-range and annual program plans
• Guide Haven’s community-based programs, including End the Silence, rural outreach, community education, and teen dating violence prevention
• Ensure the highest quality of advocacy and support through Haven’s 24/7 support line, shelter, legal advocacy, counseling and support groups. Work with direct service teams to respond to the changing needs of survivors and the community.
• Ensure Haven’s programs and services are rooted in empowerment and meaningful access for all survivors
• Accountable for ensuring new and existing programs and services are consistent with community and participant needs, donors’ expectations and contribute to the organization's mission.
• Create and implement annual evaluations of Haven’s programs and services
• Develop new programs and services rooted in participant feedback and Haven’s strategic plan. These include, but are not limited to: programs to engage men and boys, programs to engage faith communities, and services that support survivors using substances.
• Provide leadership and supervision to Haven’s Intervention Manager, Prevention Coordinator, Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator, and contracted counselor.
• Ensure all programs and services are adequately staffed, providing coverage for direct service staff and volunteers in emergency situations and special circumstances
• Develop and implement team trainings as needed
• Manage and maintain Haven’s electronic participant data management system
• Provide input on grant proposals to acquire funding for programs
• Provide information to Haven’s Board of Directors regarding the organization’s programs and services as requested
• In partnership with Haven’s entire staff, do own part in supporting an inclusive culture at Haven
• Build partnerships with both local and national, systems-based and community-based key players in the field of gender-based violence intervention and prevention
• Other duties as requested by the Executive Director
• Minimum 5 years of management experience and program development experience
• Ability to view and address gender-based violence at the interpersonal, community and societal levels
• Demonstrated dedication to addressing challenges through a values-based approach
• Research and evaluation experience
• Effective communication among all levels of an organization
• Bachelor’s degree
• Master’s degree
• Experience working in the nonprofit sector
Already a member? Sign In