Director Of Recruitment
Syracuse, NY, USA | Syracuse University
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
The Newhouse School of Public Communications is seeking to hire a Director of Recruitment who will oversee all aspects of undergraduate recruitment and retention activities at the Newhouse School. The Director of Recruitment is responsible for representing the Newhouse School at events both on and off campus for prospective students, parents and college counselors. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communication plan in coordination with Syracuse University’s central admissions office for prospective and admitted students. The Director of Recruitment will review external transfer applications for admission and work with others to develop and implement a comprehensive plan to support retention efforts at the Newhouse School.
• Master’s degree and at least seven (7) years of increasingly responsible experience in recruiting and admissions at the university level required.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, are essential
• Knowledge of university-level recruitment and management strategies
• Ability to handle analysis of data including software: Excel, PeopleSoft, Hyperion.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing situations as well as ability to operate as integral part of student services team.
• Innovation and creativity in thinking and problem solving desirable.
RECRUITMENT AND ENROLLMENT LEADERSHIP
• Provide leadership, strategic direction and managerial oversight in the development, coordination and implementation of Newhouse School recruitment and enrollment plans. This includes campus visitation events, off campus admissions events, marketing/communications planning, and developing student, faculty and alumni network to support recruitment activities.
• Work with appropriate School and University leadership to set goals for first year, external and internal transfer enrollment, and make recommendations on critical issues and decisions regarding overall recruitment and enrollment strategies for the Newhouse School.
• Serve as the School’s liaison to the University’s Office of Admissions, and represent the Newhouse School on the University’s College Relations Council. Responsible for maintaining recruitment and admissions budget and determining appropriate expenditures.
• Provide primary leadership for the Newhouse School’s retention efforts by developing and implementing various programs and activities to retain students enrolled at the School. Provide guidance and oversight to engage students through various student professional organizations, and work with the Assistant Dean to engage with the Student Representative Committee.
• Strengthen student connection to the Newhouse School through creating and implementing programming, activities and involvement opportunities for enrolled students.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL TRANSFER OVERSIGHT
• Oversee the Newhouse School’s Internal Transfer process. Coordinate with Director of Academic Operations to determine space available for internal transfers (IUTs). Handle internal transfer inquiries, schedule and conduct IUT information sessions, schedule twice yearly meeting with School’s Admissions Committee and Dean to set GPA for internal transfer admission. Work with Director of Advising and Assistant Dean to assure smooth transition for IUTs into School.
• Collaborate with the University’s Office of Admissions in admission of external transfers, including review and admission of applicants. Work with Undergraduate Advising Office to coordinate timely credit evaluation and appropriate academic advising.
VISITOR CENTER SUPERVISION
• Supervise all aspects of the Visitor Center, including visitor welcome experience, providing quality information sessions and tours, supervising the Associate Director of Diversity and Recruitment. Work collaboratively with Visitor Center staff to provide coverage of daily visits and special events, including participating in all on-campus recruiting events as needed.
RECRUITMENT COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
• Work with communications and branding teams, and Associate Director of Diversity and Recruitment, to develop marketing and promotional content for undergraduate recruitment in all formats. Develop strategies to manage and maintain communications with prospective undergraduate students via printed materials, email messages, social media campaigns, and telephone contact.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In