Director of Replenishment - Fresh
Modesto, CA, USA | The Save Mart Companies
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
The Director of Replenishment - Fresh is responsible for managing people, product levels, service level and supplier management to achieve service levels on assigned categories, while inventory management objectives and operating requirements. The position collaborates with Retail Banner and Category Management Teams to support promotional activities, ensuring that stores have product on time in order to best serve customers.The position collaborates in cost negotiation across the various commodities and actively works with the supplier community to stay current with market conditions and trends.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Lead, develop, and inspire the Replenishment team to ensure the correct product and inventory levels are purchased and managed to give our customers the best possible fresh product.
· Develop and execute an overall replenishment plan to best optimize service level and cost to serve.
· Negotiate the cost of various commodities to include price, availability, quantity, and delivery schedules, to obtain the highest quality product at the best cost of goods possible.
· Support promotional product procurement for the three retail Banners.
· Monitor and evaluate supplier performance to effectively meet company standards.
· Manage all new and existing items, to include the monitoring and exiting of discontinued inventory.
· Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable pricing.
· Manage and support promotional, excess and non-movement inventory levels.
· Manage the cost/deal cost variances to ensure terms and cost accuracy; reconcile purchase orders and invoices.
· Maintain inventory tracking reports and service exceptions.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
LOCATION: MODESTO, CA
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Knowledge of supply chain functions, policies and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Technical capacity to navigate a patchwork of systems, relying on blend of data and intuition to make key decisions
· Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously with multiple deadlines.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond timely to urgent matters Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels.
· Strong supervisory skills – managing conflict, performance management, providing feedback, coaching, mentoring, motivating employees.
· Comprehensive knowledge of supply chain concepts and methodologies.
· Strong skills with procurement buying systems and Excel.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Strong fact-finding skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
Education:Bachelor’s degree, (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience.
Experience: Five years of directly related experience
Other: Some travel required.
Physical: Basic office environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects.
· Business Acumen
· Business Results
· Customer Focus
· Leading People
· Decision Quality
· Integrity and Trust
· Strategic Agility
· Action Oriented
· Innovation Management
· Problem Solving
· Personal/Interpersonal Skills
· Quality/Quantity of Work
Already a member? Sign In