Director of Research Operations
Boston, MA, USA | NEPC
Financial Services Professional
Job Description:110 people have viewed this job
The Director of Research Operations (DRO) will manage workflow across all Research teams, uniting them under one person to ensure uniformity, quality and efficiency across Research. The DRO will be responsible for research systems. This role also represents research on the firmwide Digital Business Steering Committee and in other interactions with IT, Consulting, and Operations teams.
- Working with Research Team Leaders to ensure fair assignment of client/CRM Research Requests, reasonable timeline expectations for completion and communication between consulting teams and Research team members.
- Communicating with consultants to manage the delivery of required information from consultants to Research to kick off projects, setting of appropriate expectations with clients, and managing deliverables and timelines as necessary.
- Working with Research Team Leaders and teams to coordinate Research Pipeline workflow, tracking new ideas, timing of presentations to Research Committees (DD, AAC, DPC) and required documentation of research processes.
- Working with the Chief Investment Officer on new process and efficiency initiatives including implementation and enhancements of RMS, DiligenceVault, Document Automation, and changes to client/consultant workflow management.
- Acting as an advocate for all Research team members in managing expectations of deliverables to teams outside of, and within, Research. Working closely with the Director of Consulting Operations (DCO) to revisit and enhance firm-wide and cross functional workflows to optimize efficiency and reduce duplicate effort.
- Holding Research members accountable for those deliverables.
- Supervising Research support staff.
- Overseeing and advocating for data and technology management needs for the research team. Primary research contact for the product master and data collection efforts. Providing leadership in defining research data needs and identifying ways to efficiently collect such information.
- Managing key vendor relationships on behalf of the Company.
- Overseeing implementation of the document automation vendor, defining required data and designing processes to support efficient search book and tear sheet production.
- Providing regular training to research and consulting teams on enhanced processes, systems improvements, and other topics as necessary.
A minimum of ten (10) years of investment experience required. Critical for this role are strong leadership and communication skills, both verbal and written. Proven experience in project management and the ability to move projects forward and navigate the internal dynamics of the firm.The ability to work professionally and diplomatically across all levels and workstyles, while still accomplishing the goals is a must. Highly developed computer skills, proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint required.Knowledge of SQL is helpful, but not required. Must be detail oriented, able to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple-task environment.College degree required.Advanced degree and/or the CAIA® designation or CFA® designation (or progress toward these credentials) is a plus.Working knowledge of FactSet RMS and Spotfire is a plus.It is expected that this individual be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Already a member? Sign In