Director of Sales - Radio
Hollywood, FL, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
The Director of Sales “DOS” is responsible for managing the sales strategies of a multiple media portfolio. Leading a team of sales managers and account executives, the DOS will develop the skills of personnel in the department, assist with individualized development plans, and create a culture of cross-station and cross-product selling including radio, digital and NTR events. The DOS will develop strategies with a sharp customer focus and consistently deliver on revenue expectations. Responsible for the attainment of the revenue goals and must display entrepreneurial skills in creating new revenue opportunities.The DOS is also responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan to guide the sales departments to successfully attain revenue goals.Performs related work as required.
Reporting to the Director of Sales are all sales managers. Additional reporting may include: account managers and support personnel.
• The DOS will be responsible for the development of cross-product sales strategies to reach expected revenue levels. Using creativity, business basics and customer knowledge, the DOS will lead a team to develop customized solutions for new and existing customers.
• Maximizes revenue from all revenue categories including local, national, NTR events and digital.
• The DOS will oversee the digital sales efforts for the Sales Department with the GSM’s, Integrated Sales Manager and Digital Sales Manager, using an integrated sales strategy.Training and expectations will be developed by the DOS and Sales Managers and executed via the account managers and digital support team..
• As part of managing overall performance, the DOS will provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including revenue projections, end of month performance summary by category, sales executive and strategy. Will also participate in annual budgeting and analysis.
• Oversee sales managers optimization of inventory management for revenue maximization of spot time sales and sets product and program rates/packaging accordingly.
• Facilitates positive and productive relationships with other Cox Media Group departments.
• Acts as liaison between CMG sales and the cluster’s Director of Operations and other departments.
• Accurately budgets and forecasts revenue goals by source.
• Trains, develops, and motivates sales managers to optimize revenue potential across all revenue streams.
• Communicates inventory, sales and packaging strategies to sales managers.
• Creates and develops new revenue streams as product and service opportunities present themselves.
• Develops and implements sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow. throughout the sales process including traffic, production, promotions, digital, accounting and programming.
• Identifies and eliminates barriers to the sales process between account manager and client.
• Ensures sales tools are utilized to maximum advantage in the marketplace for positioning and sales cultivation.
• May perform other related duties as required.
• Responsible for CMG Miami’s client facing sales collateral and templates
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years media sales management experience – preferably in broadcast or radio sales in a major market.
• Minimum of five (5) years media sales experience.
• Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
• Strong recruitment and experience building a sales team.
• Creative and flexible with a positive attitude.
• Knowledge of Excel, Windows and media software such as WideOrbit, CMG business reports, Media Monitors and Miller Kaplan X-ray.
• Willingness and ability to join organizations to enhance the image and recognition of Cox Media Group in the marketplace.
• Experience in driving regional and national business.
• Proven track record of leading a team to consistently achieve revenue goals.
Already a member? Sign In