Director of Sales, UK&I
Birmingham, United Kingdom | Johnson Controls
Industry:Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
As our Sales Director, UK&I Building Technology & Solutions (“BT&S”) you will report directly to our VP & GM, UK&I BT&S. With a Sales Revenue of $800m and c.580 sales professionals, you will be responsible for driving the design and execution of sales tools, processes and GTM strategies with a view to achieving sales revenue and growth targets across all lines of business, and all sales channels.
You will own the development of the commercial strategy for the UK&I to define growth expectations and the key components to attain. You will also lead the development, creation and execution of go to market strategies with business unit leaders, including gathering of local market intelligence.
As the owner of the UK&I commercial strategy you will also be responsible to ensure we have strong sales fundamentals to drive our growth strategies which include actions, metrics, tools, processes and cadences.
How you will do it:
• Collaborate with the business unit and sales leaders across the business to develop channel management, long term growth strategies and aligned execution
• Develop and/or deploy sales excellence processes and tools relevant to each channel and ensure they are embed and utilised consistently to the appropriate level of execution
• Manage the enterprise sales enablement teams and ensure they are adding value and supporting growth (includes but not limited to sales operations, bid management, design CoE, marketing)
• Ensure we have productive and on-target sales managers / sales professionals by the use of relevant KPI’s and metrics and effective coaching to achieve required performance levels.
• Work in conjunction with HR leader to have a winning Sales Academy and assessment, competence, training and development programmes in place to continually drive performance.
• Leverage your subject matter expertise to develop and execute winning commercial strategies.
• Gather market intelligence for business segments within key target markets in the business. Understand winning models in each market and anticipate market moves that create an advantage.
• Identify opportunities for new or advantaged offerings (products, systems, services).
• Continually perform business evaluations to identify future opportunities for improvement and barriers to achieving strategic growth and financial objectives.
• Lead coaching and support for growth initiative owners, and represent the UKI in the EMEALA commercial forums
• Drive consistent focus and improvement actions to continually mature strong execution of sales fundamentals
• Bachelor degree in Sales, Engineering or Business with MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years of broad sales and management experience.
• Specific experience managing or matrix direction to a distributed sales organisation in a multi-line business
• Sales leadership experience within complex product and/or solution oriented organisations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management and experience in a cross-functional matrix reporting structure
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with strong problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
• Familiarity with IT systems as they relate to financial functions, data analysis and operational areas.
• Ability to succinctly clarify, explain and sell concepts and initiatives to broad groups of sales professionals.
• Ideally experience leveraging salesforce.com and similar technologies to underpin sales execution
• Willingness to travel (50%).
Already a member? Sign In