Director of Sales
Warrenville, IL, USA | Ametek
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Job Description:71 people have viewed this job
The Instrumentation Systems (IS) Business Unit is seeking a highly strategic Director of Sales who will be responsible for creating the vision and strategy to grow revenue and profitability in partnership with the management team.
If you have experience in providing strong action-oriented leadership and accelerating strategy implementation across all sales functions, consider joining our growing team!
In this role, you will be responsible for accurately forecasting business and market needs, formulating and implementing sales strategy, achieving sales targets, while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
This position reports directly to the IS Vice President of Sales and Marketing, with direct management of the global Instrumentation Systems sales team.
Drive Growth:The Director of Sales will develop and implement a strategy and action plan to achieve the company’s desired growth rate.This will include:
• Customer Plan:Develop and maintain relationships with customers and field sales organization. Work with team and management to develop three to five-year business plan. Analyze and evaluate current customers to prioritize which customers have the greatest potential for deeper penetration and increased flow of orders.
• Adjacency and Core Market Strategy: Partner with the management team to develop business plans for the penetration of attractive new markets (geographic and segments) and new product development (including pricing) and set priorities for maximum return on investment.Establish a plan to attack strategic adjacent and core markets through targeted campaigns and pursuit plans.
Organizational Development:Ensure that the entire sales organization has the capability to scale for growth.This will include:
• Develop, maintain and report monthly sales to determine performance levels and areas for improvement. Evaluate the sales team, ensuring that each person has the capability and scalability to contribute to the company growth plan.
• Hire, develop and motivate sales, marketing and customer service personnel to achieve high performance culture. Mentoring/coaching managers in stretching their skill sets.
• Implementing a fast-paced, proactive work style to ensure that each sales person relentlessly pursues new orders and closes pursuits efficiently.
• Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results. Establish standard work and best practices to enhance sales operations, pursuit tracking and management of CRM tools.
Direct Sales Performance:Deliver results:
• Ensure that clear tactical sales plans are in place and that each person demonstrates accountability, engages key functions to achieve sales targets, and has strong ability to close.
• Forecast sales and orders by key customer and items on a monthly basis for financial reporting and production planning. Ensure that each person is utilizing systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Oracle to properly plan, document and track their leads, calls and results.
• Identify margin improvement opportunities and implement plans to achieve. Seeking price increases where feasible.
• Utilize the SIOP process, both internal and external with customers, to integrate sales function with the operations planning function.
• Establish and implement short and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Seeking adjacent market opportunities to increase sales.
Rep/Distributor Sales Performance:Evaluate and drive existing global rep and distributor network and agreements currently in place to ensure optimum performance of this sales channel.
Culture:Drive the AMETEK culture throughout all levels of the organization, with a focus on a hunter-mentality and quality, on-time products.Lead by example with a team-oriented, metrics-driven, results-focused mentality. Establish data-driven expectations for self and team, ensure clear communications, and align business expectations to meet reporting requirements.
Product Development: Provide market and customer feedback and communication throughout all levels of the organization.Collaborate with customers, engineering department and senior management to drive a technology roadmap and multi-generational product plan that is highly responsive to customer needs and VOC and achieves a competitive advantage to increase market share.This role requires the candidate to be highly influential in setting direction for new investment in technology, bid/no bid decisions, and leveraging current capabilities.
Customer Satisfaction: Provide leadership, direction, and support in continuous improvement efforts as they relate to customer communications and order management. Ensure that all key customers are “green” on customer scorecard.Accountability to drive VOC metrics and enhance customer experience.
Strategic Plan:Work with the IS Management Team to develop and implement a strategic sales and marketing plan that supports profit and growth objectives. Develop and periodically update a comprehensive and focused strategic plan to achieve growth and improve performance, and establish tactical action plans, engaging the cross functional team to implement and execute this plan.Accountability for establishing objectives, priority, and delivering results from these efforts.
Financial Management:Develop and manage sales budget and oversee the development and management of internal sales budgets.Support financial reporting, including forecasts, budgets, quarterly reports, and manage to the approved budget.Set pricing strategy and execute against plan.Establish and administer incentive plan for Sales team. Align distribution sales goals with budgets and drive incentive programs to meet and achieve sales targets.Prepare and deliver key corporate planning deliverables on time.
AMETEK, Inc. is a $4.7B global diversified manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 17,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs.
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500
AMETEK Instrumentation Systems is a Business Unit in the growing AMETEK Instrumentation and Specialty Division.
Instrumentation System consists of two product lines: National Controls Corporation (NCC) and Vehicular Instrumentation Systems (VIS).
NCC specializes in electronic controls for commercial kitchens and industrial facilities.
VIS provides global solutions for rugged instrumentation, driver information displays, graphics displays and message centers for On and Off-road heavy vehicles.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Business Management or Marketing; MBA a plus.
• Must have a passion and background in the Industrial Vehicle, Construction, or automotive instrumentation industry, selling vehicular instrumentation, graphics displays, message centers and CAN modules for construction, heavy truck, military, specialty and bus/coach/RV vehicle applications.
• 10+ years of experience in sales and business management and experience leading strategic sales initiatives and tactical execution in a business to business environment and within the instrumentation, construction and/or heavy vehicle industry.
• Experience working in industrial and food service equipment industries is a plus
• Knowledge of sales channels and experience working with direct sales team, distribution and sales representatives
• Knowledge in Lean and Six Sigma experience is a plus.
• Prior strategic planning development experience. Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
• Executive presence and experience with presenting to high level management teams.
• Creative sales visionary to drive profitable growth through strategic price increases, new product sales, and geographic expansion.
• Global Sales Management experience and able to lead and coach team on complex sales negotiations and use of problem-solving techniques.
• Effective at knowing what to measure to track progress, know how to design effective and efficient sales processes.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit goals, as well as the proven ability to mentor subordinates.
• Computer skills to includeCRM software, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong problem-solving skills. Owns decisions (no excuses).
• Data-driven decision making.
• Unquestioned integrity and personal values.
• Ability to travel up to 75% both domestically and internationally.
• Midwest candidates preferably in the greater Chicagoland area.
• Customer Focus – identifies and responds to the current and future customer needs; puts customer satisfaction as a high priority; focuses on customer experience.
• Determination and Grit – has the perseverance to see projects through to completion; does not give up easily when projects or task become difficult; determined to finish.
• Interpersonal Savvy – Skilled in a variety of settings; relates to people at all levels; adapts style to work effectively at all levels of the organization.Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Communication - Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Strategic – Focus on the big picture and not just the tactics; curious about trends that could impact the business; thinks several steps ahead.Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long- range goals.
• Analytical Reasoning – base decisions on a thorough understanding of their key components. Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Selling and Influencing– uses compelling arguments and other relevant tools of engagement to gain the support and commitment of others.
• Challenging Upward– speaks candidly to senior leaders and superiors even when opinions are unpopular, defends positions when challenged and does not back down prematurely.
• Drive to Achieve – Puts time and effort into the job and has high work standards; competitive and wants to win; does what it takes to meet or exceed objectives.Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
• Financial Acumen – Base business decisions on a thorough understanding of key financial indicators. Skilled in budget preparation and fiscal management. Knowledge of cost analysis techniques.
• Coaching and Developing– Acts as a coach and mentor to direct reports; invests time to grow in their careers; provides positive and constructive feedback and teaches others how to succeed.Ability to supervise, train and motivate contract employees, which includes organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Already a member? Sign In