Director of Seating
Gardena, CA, USA | Faraday Future
Operations / Production
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As a Director of Seating, you will oversee all aspects of FF team doing the design, validation, release, and production support of Seating, and those regulatory requirements associated with these systems.
- Lead Seat frame development, review technical proposals and drive decisions.
- Monitor the team of in execution of the various aspects of seating systems to meet customer requirements, quality targets, design goals, and cost/weight/timing/investment/complexity targets for the program. Provide experience-based guidance on warranty and campaign avoidance.
- Drives a structured development culture that:
- Ensures global best practices are being followed
- Ensures designs meet DFM (Design for Manufacturability) requirements
- Ensures program timing deliverables are being met
- Enforces PLM, FMEA, DFMEA systems are being used correctly
- Test/ FEA failures analysis and creates an optimization plan
- Drives design standardization
- Drives optimized /cost effective solutions
- Addresses problems using engineered solutions (FEA, DFM, DFMEA, Design Analysis, Calculations,
- Design Review)
- Provides guidance to Product Engineers.
- Present program status updates to management, flag issues and present resolution plans that support program targets. Utilize JIRA to document problem root cause identification and issue resolution.
- Support prototype builds and production launch at the assembly plant; initiate reworks and part substitutions by generating appropriate direction through the DVTs and JIRAs. Support production service reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- 15+ years of experience in Automotive industry, with a minimum of 7+ years in Automotive Seating and Metal industry, familiar with GD&T, CAD, UG/CATIA, DFMEA
- Must have a record of demonstrated experience in seating systems, in the automotive industry, either as part of an OE or Tier 1 manufacturer supporting OE programs.
- Must have experience managing teams of engineers and both full-service suppliers as well as design-to-print commodities, and significant launch experience.
- Should be experienced in managing multiple programs simultaneously. Familiarity with all interior assemblies, components, varieties of trim and substrate materials, tooling design and manufacturing processes, and critical packaging and fit-finish requirements.
- A proven track record of leadership and autonomy in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of partners and stakeholders both internally and externally
- Instinctive understanding of design for manufacturing best practices, Interior Development processes, Global Safety requirements for FMVSS, ECE/EEC.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
- Familiar with US, EU and China laws and regulations affecting the automotive industry – with a particular focus on electric vehicles and homologation
- A track record of superior accomplishment and ability
- A strong work ethic and “can-do” spirit
- Direct experience in Interiors, or seating in the electric vehicle area
- Direct experience with a technology start up organization
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In