Director of Software Engineering
New Orleans, LA, USA | Procore
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
About the Role
Join us as a Director of Software Engineering (FinTech) and be instrumental in helping achieve our vision to change behavior and revolutionize payment in the gigantic and increasingly tech-savvy construction industry.
As a Software Engineering Director (FinTech) at Levelset,you will lead a team of software engineers to develop, deploy, and support software for our Materials Financing product. You will achieve business outcomes for the teams that report to you. You will be accountable for the team’s performance, capacity management, and technical excellence either directly or through one or more team/project leads. Success in this role means velocity, high-quality code, and customer happiness.
You should have a strong background in full-stack web development, lead by example, and no problem can stop you. You are a good problem solver,knowledgeable about algorithms and data structures, and well versed in coding using different technologies. Additionally, you should be capable of leading a team to produce quick output with good quality and be the people manager for the teams' members. Our backend development is done primarily in PHP, so having previous PHP experience is strongly encouraged for this position.
This role is based in New Orleans, LA, but can work from home.We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do
• Maintain development teams' performance and velocity
• Manage team hiring and attrition
• Effectively lead a team to the best decisions
• Ensure software quality and reliability of the teams' output
• Plan, design, develop, debug, implement and support full-stack web-based software applications and services
• Modify existing software to add new features, correct errors, allow it to function in new operating environments, or improve performance
• Improve software quality by conducting systems analyses and recommending changes in policies and procedures
• Participate in planning for software development projects, and ensure projects are concluded according to the planned delivery dates
What we’re looking for
• 8+ years of software engineering experience
• A strong technical leader who can influence people and results
• Excellent understanding of software engineering and design concepts
• Excellent understanding of the full web stack
• Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Robust knowledge of HTML/JS/CSS concepts
• Experience in using MySQL engine and advanced features
• Good understanding of Linux administration and DevOps principles
Levelset, a Procore company, is building the software that empowers people in construction to get what they earn. We provide cloud-based construction management software that makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises
Already a member? Sign In