Director Of Software Product Management
Ismaning, Germany | Fortive
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:122 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the Director of Global Product Management for FRS, the Director of Software Product Management will lead a team of product managers and product owners to oversee the software roadmap and strategic priorities of the entire FRS digital portfolio, including:
· The Accelix™ Data Platform – maintenance and reliability historian platform
· eMaint™ cloud CMMS
· Fluke Connect™ Mobile App
· Fluke Mobile™ mobile SCADA alarm management and response system
· Omnitrend™ advanced vibration analysis software
· AssetView™ machine condition dashboard portal
· AssetIQ™ advanced AI/ML analytics engine
· Connect2Assets™ middleware and communication protocol library
· And a wide range of collaborations, integrations, and partnerships with other industrial software systems
The Director of Software Product Management will also serve as a core leader and collaborator in guiding and overseeing many combined hardware/software programs, including:
· Smart wireless sensors for IIoT
· Advanced connected handheld instruments
· Hard-wired online condition monitoring sensors
· And integration of 3rd-party hardware systems into the Accelix data platform
The Director of Software Product Management is also part of the core strategy team, together with the head of Hardware Product Management, the Director of Global Product Management, and the CTO.The Director of Software Product Management will lead cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams, use visual management to track all programs, maintain regular cadence of meetings and reviews, reporting, program metrics, counter measures and track overall performance.This leader is also responsible for continuous training, development, and upskilling of the software product managers and product owners and any other direct-reports.
This role requires a person who is comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization, in managing conflict and tradeoffs, and is an enabler for cross-functional clarity, communication and execution through followership and driving accountability.This role will also require a person who is comfortable thinking with both a tactical mindset and a strategic mindset.
• Implement and drive software product management best practices and right-sized processes to ensure innovation, market-fit, and quality across our software offerings
• Collaborate with the broader team to develop strategic roadmaps and set development priorities
• Demonstrate and continuously coach the product management team in strategic thinking and technical problem-solving
• Ensure tight coordination of platform-level product integrations, including optimal re-use of microservices and 3rd-party platform services
• Provide guidance and overall planning for modern software strategy, modern software architectures, modern software languages, modern software business models, and other modern software tools & best-practices
• Close collaboration strategic planning with the Director of Software Development
• Inspire and drive innovative thinking among product managers for new products, as well as innovative problem solving in current products and projects.
• Demonstrate strong global market and cultural understanding which can be leveraged to effectively motivate and manage this team to achieve results.
• Collaborate with other senior staff in the development of a product launch planning, marketing planning, sales enablement planning and other new product delivery processes.
• Ensure corporate values are reinforced throughout the business unit, through deliberate communication, training, and development of subordinate management staff. Serves as role model for leadership within the business unit.
• Build a world-class team with a focus on talent and leadership development; become a net-exporter of talent to other departments and Business Units.
• MBA or advanced degree in computer science or IT is required
• 8+ years business experience in software product management; including ideally, experience/success in cloud software, PC-to-cloud re-architecture, and software-as-a-service, with exposure to complex projects
• Experience with embedded systems, IoT, Automation & control systems, or Industrial software a strong plus
• Leadership experience in the creation and driving of a high growth/multi-dimensional, globally complex business.
• Demonstrated experience in leading high-performing and results-driven product management teams, utilizing user testing and Voice of the Customer (VOC) to identify growth opportunities for the company
• Thrives on complexity and in a world of metrics and measurement.
• Able to lead and operate effectively in a matrix organization
Already a member? Sign In