Director of Sourcing - Diversified
Crum Lynne, PA, USA | DOLE FOOD COMPANY
Industry:Food & Beverages
Operations / Production
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
General Description / Primary Purpose
This position will be responsible for managing and overseeing the service and product sourcing strategy, supporting the division in the procurement of fresh berries domestically and internationally to meet the sales demand for the businesses as well as improve operational efficiency and cost control. The Director of Sourcing is responsible for maintaining good relationships with our growers as well as building new relationships with suppliers and vendors seeking for new business opportunities.
***Bi-lingual/Bi-literate in English & Spanish preferred
Major Responsibilities And Tasks/ Duties Of The Position
- Develop and foster positive working relationships with growers through proactive activities to include routine visits, regular communications, and field support.
- Monitor and evaluate crop progress and maturity; work with growers in regards to crop, soil, pests, growing and harvesting management and provide training and recommendations to ensure good quality products, productivity and compliance with targeted volumes.
- Oversee grower activities and performance and keeps effective communication with the growers on pricing analysis, market trends, to support the grower to marketer relationship.
- Prepare and control the annual year planning process and Product/Crop Assessment process, analyzing statistical data such as estimates, crop progress, fruit quality, product performance, etc, per grower and provide recommendations to management on how to optimize near-term growth.
- Identify and assess strategic issues to create effective sourcing plans that improve operational efficiency.
- Assess new business opportunities, analyzing the industry and market trends to identify risks and impacts to the business and prepare recommendations aligned to changes in the production environment
- Responsible for forecasting accuracy and crop estimating to assure seamless product flow and superior operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for primary field research, including customer, distribution, competitor, and market surveys.
- Guarantee compliance with Food Safety guidelines and programs, ensuring the implementation of recommendations issued by the Food Safety department to provide safe and healthy products to consumers.
- Prepare reports with relevant information of the department’s activities, projects, and other responsibilities to provide the senior management for analysis and decision making.
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge in berries and vegetables, including financial responsibilities
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills and able to interact with all levels among the organization.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally to a wide audience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; must be flexible and even-tempered
- Negotiating experience
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of wide variety of crops, especial strawberries, growing seasons, logistics and international business is critical for the success of this position.
- Ability to lift parts weighing 25 pounds onto and off parts shelves at a five-foot height.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs, bend, stoop, and climb onto intermodal equipment for inspection.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends.
- Experience with organic and conventional production techniques, crop protection and fertilization.
- Extensive experience in grower and employee relations.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-literate in English & Spanish preferred
BS degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or industry related experience
Travel 75% domestically and internationally
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Already a member? Sign In