Director of Strategic Accounts
Houston, TX, USA | Milliman
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
About Milliman and Milliman Advanced Risk Adjusters®, MARA® MARA is one of the healthcare industry’s most highly regarded software products for risk scoring and predictive models.For more than a decade, MARA has helped health plans, at-risk providers and ACOs, governments, community health organizations, third-party administrators and healthcare technology companies do more to understand the health status of the populations they serve. Today, more than 400 leading healthcare organizations have come to rely on MARA for health risk insight and analysis to improve financial and medical management decisions.
MARA is a product group within Milliman, Inc., a global, employee-owned firm providing actuarial consulting, healthcare financing consulting, enterprise risk management, retirement funding and regulatory compliance, data analytics, and business transformation; as well as a wide range of other consulting and technology solutions.
MARA’s Director of Strategic Accounts serves as a relationship manager for major accounts and is a strategic advisor on client applications and uses of the MARA product.This position is a resource to the entire MARA product group, and specifically for MARA Sales and Client Services by collaborating on the establishment of vision and direction for each client engagement to effectively leverage MARA to meet client goals. Participation in developing and executing long term integrated client plans, and identifying and forecasting opportunities is a key responsibility.This position directs resulting business development efforts within major accounts by partnering throughout the organization to help drive innovation and meet client needs and drive growth.
• Supports Principal/managing director with establishing strategic direction for assigned major accounts by understanding the current need in the market, establishing and articulating account growth and defining client satisfaction goals in relation to client expectations
• Develops strategic business relationships with key decision makers in existing clients and potential clients
• Identifies and articulates innovations for clients that are aligned with market needs, opportunities, innovations for the MARA business strategy
• Liaison with MARA R&D and product teams to develop strategies for new features based on client experiences – provide guidance that impacts product direction
• Interfaces directly with clients to ensure customer satisfaction with the solutions, develop stronger on-going relationships, build new and broader relationships and identify additional opportunities for solutions.
• Manages day-to-day customer relationships as the managing point of contact for major accounts
• Acts as the liaison between customer and internal operations, R&D, and product development.
• Provides training and support to clients on client facing tools, reporting, and other client consumed material
• Leads quarterly/bi-annual/annual reviews with assigned clients to demonstrate progress, success, and areas to target for improvement and enhancement
• Partner with sales team to present solutions during prospective client meetings
• Scope work related to desired product implementation
• Partner with Director of Client Services to ensure appropriate planning and timelines
• 5+ years of relevant experience, including managing complex clients in the healthcare space
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, or Actuarial Science; MBA a plus.
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, focused on achieving results
• Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
• Collaboration between external clients and internal stakeholders
• Aptitude for data analysis
• Excellent writer and speaker
• Relationship management
• Customer satisfaction
• Strategic thinking
• Critical thinking
• Growth of clients (both existing and new)
Already a member? Sign In