Director of Strategic E-commerce Sales
Chicago, IL, USA | Dyson
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
The Director of Strategic E-commerce Sales is responsible for the daily management of the strategic e-commerce business. This role will support leading all aspects of the sales management process, including business planning and development, marketing, forecasting, and overall sales optimization. In leading and directing a results-oriented team, the incumbent will drive key business analysis used to shape strategy, structure, and revenue/profitability improvement. The position requires the individual to establish, support, and foster a collaborative working partnership with internal functional support departments and with Dyson’s strategic e-commerce partners.
Sales & Business Development: lead the team to create and execute sales strategies and objectives.
- Develop and own strategic and tactical plans to achieve near and long term goals of the E-Commerce business segment.Areas include sales, profit, product, distribution, merchandising, pricing and contractual agreements and negotiations.
- Deliver volume and profitable growth in each category segment, based on strategic goals.
- Develop and drive a comprehensive, fluid analytical evaluation of segments and overall performance, including KPIs and insights related to business performance, media and operations excellence.
- Partner with Marketing and Supply Chain to develop and maintain accurate, timely forecasts of the business segment and product category level.
- Oversee the planning and execution of sales meetings and key presentations.
- Communicate plans to internal stakeholders and gain buy-in for implementation. Be the voice of the customer and influence our organization to meet customer needs.
- Develop, train and coach team members to implement plans for individual and account growth.
- Create strategic partnerships and incremental business development opportunities with our customers and their relevant leadership team.
Media and Marketing Strategy: in partnership with our Marketing, Media and Category teams, you will:
- Own the owner experience on site, from catalogue management to enhancements and escalations, to execute perfect product detail pages, brand stores and other branded environments.
- Own the trade calendar for the account, price and promotional strategy
- Executive flagship events and activations on the platform
- Influence and drive development of digital content and digital media strategy and execution.
- Partner with advertising key stakeholders to manage the media performance of our campaigns, reporting on performance and KPIs
- Understand how to tap into the retailer ecosystem for above-and-beyond innovations of various formats in various platforms
Operations Excellence: in partnership with our Operations and Supply Chain teams, you will:
- Ensure operational excellence of the account, including forecasting support, fulfillment execution, packaging and shipping SLAs
- Work with the Compliance team to track and manage chargebacks and escalations as relevant
- Leverage analytics to provide forecasting support and insights to internal stakeholders to ensure best-in-class stock allocation and management
Partner with internal business functions to lead, build, and execute plans of the sales team
- Manage accountability of team members to internal functions – forecasting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, finance, logistics, Sales Order Processing, marketing, and field sales.
- Develop, organize, and implement productive and efficient sales management and sales support infrastructure.
- Create new product launch plans with the senior team to maximize profit.
- Facilitate, lead, and drive a disciplined, collaborative internal and external communication philosophy.
- Lead special projects, both within sales and other business functions.
Inspire, lead, motivate and coach the team through regular feedback, 1:1s, Personal Development Plans.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business objectives.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate solutions.
- Direct, mentor, and train staff in all aspects of their job/roles.
- Develop talent and succession plans as well as team transitions, probationary periods.
- Foster a team-oriented and results-driven sales management culture.
Ensure compliance with internal policy with the objective of delivering accurate proposals for senior management consideration/authorization.
- Lead the coordination and review of all internal sales documents such as customer agreements and annual contracts, deduction authorization documents, promotion proposals and pricing recommendations.
- Responsible for key inputs required for weekly staff and monthly business review meetings.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews to ensure that underlying commercial considerations have been undertaken.
- Fulfill other duties as required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- A strong understanding of: the a strategic e-commerce ecosystem, where to play and how to win:
- Prior experience managing e-commerce accounts
- Experienced with Vendor and Seller Central platforms
- Experienced with Brand Analytics, including forecasting portals and operational dashboards, brand health and other key metrics
- Experienced with Brand Registry
- Experience managing campaigns and working with advertising
- Strong understand of digital marketplaces
- Bachelor Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in sales/national account sales experience required; with a minimum of 5 years’ experience directly managing a team
- Solid understanding of and ability to manage a P&L. Strong mathematical & financial analysis skills.
- Performance record of forecasting & driving results while improving processes.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with senior leaders/key stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders are informed, engaged, and satisfied
- Demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines and work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to achieve desired results.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and contract negotiation experience.
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for the business.
- Advanced computer skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Excellent business acumen and being able to understand Dealer P&L’s.
- The Candidate will have strong leadership and communications skills, a highly collaborative style, and impeccable business ethics.
- Ideal candidate would have not only Sales but also Marketing experience
- At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Already a member? Sign In