Director of Total Rewards
Littleton, CO, USA | CPI Card Group Inc.
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Director , Total Rewards provides leadership, vision, and oversight to the design, development, implementation and administration of the company’s overall compensation, benefits and payroll/HRIS programs. In this role, this individual will recommend and implement creative cost effective and compliant programs and policies which support CPI’s vision and strategy.
The Director, Total Rewards will provide both the strategic vision to support the organization’s goals and competitive practices, as well as possess the ability to provide hands-on leadership and development of administrative procedures. The Director has the highest attention to detail and stays abreast of marketplace best practices as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws.
• Designs, implements, and participates in the administration of the compensation and benefits programs that support the strategic objectives of the Company. This includes, but not limited to: executive compensation (including long and short-term incentives), sales compensation, job evaluations and pricing, wage and salary administration, health and welfare benefits, work/life benefits, relocation programs and financial security/retirement benefit programs.
• Lead the annual compensation planning cycles, providing expert advice on the design, development, and administration of Executive Compensation, Sales Compensation, and employee compensation programs salary structure, base salary adjustments, and short and long-term incentive plans. Ensures the competitiveness of compensation and benefits programs by overseeing the participation in and collection of market surveys. Develops recommendations for changes as needed, assesses internal equity and implements changes as appropriate.
• Lead the development and related collaboration of compensation committee materials. Attend compensation committee meetings and lead presentation of materials as needed.
• Provides leadership and guidance for payroll and HRIS administration through a centralized payroll and HRIS team. This includes processing accurate and timely pay to all employees, maintaining accurate employee data in our system of record (ADP Workforce Now), providing strategic and actionable data analytics and maintaining data interfaces with external HR technology systems.
• Develop and partner with Finance to administer annual sales compensation programs.
• Directs the Total Rewards staff through various human resources activities including: staffing, scheduling, recruitment/selection, orientation and training, employee development, employment/job change transactions, performance evaluations, and progressive discipline.
• Serves as a resource and educator to leadership and human resources staff on Total Rewards matters. Generates opinions and alternatives, and provides accurate and sound advice regarding positives and negatives of various plans of action.
• Partner closely with Finance and Legal, and other G&A organizations to ensure efficient delivery and communications of respective programs, audits, budgets, and projects.
• Partner with Finance on the selection and implementation of an equity administration platform. Provide hands on leadership of long-term incentive program communications, administration, reporting and compliance.
• Acts as primary liaison with compensation and benefit program service providers on product/service selection, contract negotiations, and manages the relationships to ensure quality service.
• Serves as member of the Human Resources leadership team continually assessing organizational and department needs for quality Human Resources programs, services and resources that will create positive employee satisfaction.
• Provide leadership and oversight of the annual and ongoing monitoring of the Human Resources budget.
• 15 plus years of hands on experience in Compensation and Benefits with 5 to 10 years in senior-level capacity in a publicly traded company and ideally a technology manufacturing environment.
• Experience managing payroll and/or HRIS strongly preferred. Experience with ADP payroll and HRIS products strongly preferred.
• Hands on knowledge and record of accomplishment in business financials including budgeting, forecasting, and P&L reporting and related variance analysis.
• Strong management, analytical, and communications skills.
• Ability to lead a team from strategy development, to planning, and to successful implementation.
• Results driven with a proven record of executing major projects and strategic initiatives as well as creative problem solving and program development skills.
• Program and project management subject matter expertise and experience.
• Experience in cultures that are complex, fast moving, agile, and flexible.
• Strong strategic skills as well as ability to roll up sleeves and execute.
• Extensive and successful experience working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company.
• Bachelors degree in a related field is required; Masters degree a plus.
• Commensurate accreditations/certifications such as CCEBS or CCP are highly preferred.
• Strong business acumen, financially astute, and ability to quantitatively model and problem solve.
• A high energy level, a hands on management style, excellent presentation skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Expert in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of relational database applications
This role requires the ability to work from home in a virtual environment, where the following is required;
• reliable high-speed internet access (hotspot not acceptable)
• dedicated distraction-free home work environment
Already a member? Sign In