Director, Operational Excellence Supply Chain
Depew, NY, USA | Ametek
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
The Director, Operational Excellence Supply Chain will lead the supply chain and materials strategy for the business unit.This role blends the tactical day to day management of the supply chain team and is a key driver of the strategic alignment to the future state business objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience leading a supply chain team as well as a strong background in supplier development, inventory management, customer on-time performance, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) reduction.This position will be based in Depew, NY and will require up to 20% travel both domestically and internationally, including a regular presence in our shared AMETEK locations in Reynosa, Mexico and Shanghai, China.
• Direct supervision, mentoring and development of team in Depew, NY, Reynosa, Mexico and Shanghai, China and the creation of robust succession plans within the team.Team is responsible for materials planning and inventory management and will provide support to the operations leadership with warehousing and shipping activities.
• Develop suppliers’ capabilities and assessments to improve quality, delivery and cost structure.
• Lead the Supplier Qualification / Assessment process with all site Supply Chain and Supplier Quality teams; develop grow/maintain/exit strategies for suppliers of key commodities.
• Drive key initiatives to achieve best total cost of ownership structure, quality, lead-time, payment terms and service by negotiating strategic short-term and long-term supplier relationships and agreements.
• Negotiate sourcing, pricing and material availability, ensuring subordinate staff buy, plan and expedite appropriately to meet production schedules.
• Proactively drive the overall strategy of critical commodities and the associated market conditions, processes, suppliers, and cost drivers.
• Forecasts and plans according to sales and production schedules, while simultaneously developing and executing strategies to lower inventory.
• Collaborate with operations, engineering, finance, corporate supply chain leadership and similar functions to drive process improvement and efficiency projects.
• Develop appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and set appropriate SMART goals, holding the team accountable for the success of those KPIs.
• Collaborate with peers and often lead appropriate kaizen and SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) activities across the business unit.
• Provide guidance for implementation of Supplier Managed Inventory programs and other functional and company-wide process improvements.
• Develop standardized sourcing and supply chain procedures and practices.
• Assure suppliers, processes and procedures are consistent with ISO13485 requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or Master a plus
• C.P.M., C.P.I.M or similar certification preferred
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification required
• 7+ years leading a supply chain organization required, to include purchasing, planning, and strategic sourcing in a manufacturing environment
• 5+ years driving kaizen and SIOP events strongly preferred
• Prior experience managing direct reports is required, to include remote management
• Prior experience with sourcing in low cost regions (Eastern Europe, Mexico, Asia)
• Prior experience sourcing commodities related to machining, casting, PCBAs and cable harnesses
• Strong understanding and application of lean and continuous improvement tools (SIOP, Kanban Material pull management)
• Experience driving implementation of VMI or VMI Consignment inventory programs
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required; including lean manufacturing, and internal & supplier Kanban implementation
• Experience in the Medical Device industry preferred
• Travel experience, including both domestic and international
Already a member? Sign In