Director - Operations
Wausau, WI, USA | Aspirus
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
For a 4thyear in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Director – Operations Aspirus Health Plan in Wausau or Madison, Wisconsin. The Director of Operations and Quality will manage the day-to-day operations of Aspirus Health Plan. This individual will identify opportunities for alignment and improvement of operational services including vendor management, marketing, quality, and IT services to provide effective and efficient programs and services to Aspirus Health Plan members.
This position will collaborate with Aspirus Health Plan leadership to achieve the strategic vision and goals including growth & retention, new product line and program offerings, and member experience.
Operations and administrative functions:
- In partnership with Vice President of Product Development and Strategy work to implement product and program changes identified through the product development cycle.
- Manage the annual marketing budget and strategy including; media campaign development, vendor relations for Commercial and Medicare Advantage including content planning, media placements and key messaging to help achieve growth.
- Website management including home page editorial calendar, website performance and optimization to support ongoing marketing and media efforts.
- Assist in the growth of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) star rating for new Medicare Advantage product.
- Lead the Quality Improvement and Advisory Committee to review and revise program changes, member experience standards, medical and utilization management, appeals and grievance, and population health management.
- Oversee the delegation of quality to third-party administrators including utilization management, transplant programs, case management and appeals and grievance.
- Participate in external meetings with customers and prospects to support our strategic goals for growth and retention
- Manage vendor roles, responsibilities and performance as outlined in statement of work and/or delegation agreements.
- Project management during transitions or new program and product launches
- Ensuring Service Agreements and/or Performance Guarantees are met or workplans are in place to achieve.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Previous insurance experience required.
- Strong problem solving, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to provide leadership in a team-oriented environment and develop effective relationships
- Previous management experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field preferred
- Ability to maintain, update, and oversee a customer relationship management system
- Microsoft Power BI, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, and Vision
Hours: Full-time, 80 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wis. With more than 8,700 employees, Aspirus serves communities in northern and central Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. The system includes four hospitals in Michigan and six hospitals in Wisconsin, 50+ clinics, home health and hospice care, pharmacies, critical care and helicopter transport, medical goods, nursing homes, high-quality affiliated physicians and a health insurance company.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Already a member? Sign In