DIRECTOR, PACIFIC NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE, PROVIDENCE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Santa Monica, CA, USA | Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
The Program Director is responsible for the systems, structures, and day-to-day operations in specific locations of St. John’s Physician Partners neuroscience operations. Directs all medical office organizational operations and works in partnership with the Director of Site Operations Infrastructure along with the Medical Director in developing relationships between the divisions, physicians, departments, and medical offices within St. John’s Physician Partners in those locations. The Program Director provides leadership and direction to the Practice Managers, Supervisors, and Leads of St. John’s Physician Partners neuroscience in accordance with the policies and strategic direction of Director of Site Operations Infrastructure, St. John’s Physician Partners executive management team, and the St. John’s Physician Partners. The Program Director participates in business development activities, provider recruitment and strategic planning processes to ensure long term growth as well as positive physician, community, and employee relations. The Program Director works closely with other department leaders to develop and implement administrative strategies as defined by the Director of Site Operations Infrastructure in conjunction with the Medical Director and oversees the implementation of programs to ensure overall quality of care and service in the day-to-day operations.
The Program Director will:
- Develop business plans in alignment with growth strategy of regional and local markets.
- Maintain knowledge of marketing strategies and ability to work with local and regional leaders to develop marketing plans.
- Coordinate and oversee various aspects of the Medical Group business office.
- Oversee all aspects of the medical office operations, including ancillary services, facilities, and staff support.
- Direct supervision of assigned staff.
- Develop and maintain leadership over the medical office administrative team.
- Assist the Director of Site Operations Infrastructure in the development and implementation of strategic plans and programs in the medical offices.
- Actively participate in Management Team activities, including meetings and committees; contributes to the collective decision-making process of the executive team.
- Participate as directed by the Director of Site Operations Infrastructure in acquisition and growth initiatives, including investigations and evaluations in accordance with corporate goals.
- Establish and enforce policies to ensure management development, accountability, and positive working relationships among departments and medical offices.
- Ensure medical office managers are maintaining compliance with all OSHA regulatory guidelines or JCAHO as required.
- Provide insight/direction to operating departments regarding methods that may result in improved operating performance or efficiency and/or improved interdepartmental collaboration and cooperation.
- In conjunction with the Management Team, assure that St. John’s Physician Partners’ financial goals are met and acts as a good steward of the organization’s resources.
- Provide reports to the Director of Site Operations Infrastructure and the Executive Management Team regarding operational efficiencies, projects, employee relations and areas of concern as requested.
- Enhance operational effectiveness by participation in Improving Performance initiatives and promotes outcomes through visual metrics oversight.
- Be available to respond to all emergencies at the medical offices 24/7.
Required experience/education for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or other closely related field course work
- 7 years of management experience in a multi-specialty physician practice setting
- Demonstrated success in budget management, operations turnarounds, and strategic planning
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to lead through influence and persuasion
- Ability to facilitate the integration of the finance, operations, and strategic functions of St. John’s Physician Partners
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Knowledge of ambulatory healthcare delivery and management
- Ability to exercise appropriate critical thinking skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build consensus across organizational lines.
Preferred experience/education for this position include:
- Master’s Degree
- California market experience.
Already a member? Sign In