Director, Population Health
Springfield, IL, USA | Option Care Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and buildinga workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:
As a leading healthcare provider, we have an undeniable responsibility to protect the health and safety of our patients, customers and team members.
Option Care Health requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, your employment will be contingent upon proof of vaccination, or approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required during the onboarding process; application for medical or religious accommodations will be required to be submitted within 5 business days of start date. If medical and/or religious accommodation requests are denied, you must take steps to be fully vaccinated, or your employment will be terminated.
Job Description Summary:
The Director of Population Health will define nursing related strategic priorities based on stratification of Option Care Health's patient population. Collaborate with clinical services, data analytics team members and other stakeholders to ensure the capture and analysis of meaningful population health data. Translate data driven insights into clear strategic priorities and defined nursing interventions to improve performance and patient outcomes. Draft Population Health policies and recommend intervention programming. Reviews current regionalized and national trends related to population health, health improvement and emerging health issues for program planning and education of Option Care Health team members.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
• Develops organization-wide population health strategic priorities in conjunction with other disciplines (pharmacy, dietary)
• Defines programmatic nursing interventions based on patient population risk stratification
• Establish a learning and quality improvement approach to population health
• Address policy and system changes to promote health, well-being, and equity
• Actively participates as a member of the quality management oversight committee
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Yes - X
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
• Master's degree in nursing, public health, or health care administration
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in population health, community-based health, or community health needs assessment
• Knowledge of payor approaches and financial models addressing organization'smanagement of social determinants of health as well as drivers of poor outcomes and high cost of care
• Knowledge and track record of results in community-based health program planning and population health interventions
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop effective and collaborative working relationships with individuals representing a broad range of constituencies
• Leadership experience preferred
• Knowledgeable of STARS/HEDIS, Compare Care, HCAHPS/CAHPS and Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
• Knowledge of relevant state and federal guidelines (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid) and regulatory bodies (e.g. CMS, URAC, ACHC)
Physical Demand Requirements
• Ability to sit and work on a personal computer or laptop for extended periods of time.
Travel Requirements:(if required)
• Travel to care sites for effective training and program assessment as required
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
• Previous home health experience
Due to some state pay transparency laws, below is the minimum pay for the position:
Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Minimum pay is $116,916.80+
-Paid Time off
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Already a member? Sign In