Director, Product Management, Chromatography
Middleboro , MA, USA | Idex
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
JOB TITLE: Director, Product Management, Chromatography
DEPARTMENT: Chromatography, Fluidics
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Chromatography Business Line
SITE LOCATION: Rohnert Park CA, Middleboro MA
If you are looking for a career where you can aspire to grow while contributing to the science and having an impact on improving lives, be a part of our Chromatography team. We help our customers solve problems directed at treating human disease and protecting the environment as we aspire to change the way the world innovates. As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of our business segments in IH&S is Life Science Fluidics, Chromatography and we are looking to add more talent to our team.
As a Director, Product Management, you will be responsible for supporting the commercialization and sustaining product activities for the fluidic product lines. This is a global position, and you will lead a team of seasoned product managers & project managers. The Product Managers will be owning the various fluidic product lines life cycle management, and the project managers lead the project teams working cross functionally in the development of high-performance fluidic components and sub-assemblies for the Chromatography market. A strong track record in product management, product life cycle management, strategic planning, working with large customers and outstanding team leadership skills is critical to success.
You will need to be self-directed, highly motivated individual with strong business acumen as well as technical understanding of life science Chromatography markets. Domestic and international travel of up to 30% is required.
The Director, Product Management will drive sustained growth and profitability of Chromatography fluidics product lines. This is achieved by establishing best practices and processes for your direct reports. This includes, owning the global portfolio strategy and contributing to the business line strategic plan. You will also lead activities associated with setting the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) including, reporting, and orders forecasting.
Moreover, the Director, Product Manager will work together with our Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Operations teams to support the business line.
What will you do?
- Lead, and develop a multi-disciplined product management & project management team including talent acquisition, training, and enablement for success. Responsible for the success of a high performing business team through effective coaching and development.
- Provide product management leadership, from concept to commercialization to obsolescence. Develop long-range product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of the portfolio. This includes identifying, establishing, and managing strategic relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry key opinion leaders. This role is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer intimacy, and market share objectives.
- Champions successful product launch through voice of customer, requirement gathering, research and development, product value proposition, business case and commercialization. Work closely with cross-functional teams, for the ultimate customer and financial success of new product introductions (NPIs)
- Analyze and incorporate impact of key markets, technical trends, customer needs and competitive offerings for products in the chromatography field. Develop differentiated product roadmaps, rank new product features and functionalities, and recommend investments to drive portfolio growth.
- Serve as Chromatography champion with internal cross functional stakeholders and drive for synergies across business units and segments. Will maintain close interaction with commercial teams through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, pricing tactics, and customer support.
- Work closely with Business Development to deepen business partnerships, and/or acquisition strategies to expand product portfolio.
- Ensure pricing framework enables sales success by determining price excellence approach with value offering, providing appropriate level of pricing/discounting, responding to competitive opportunities, and meeting profitability objectives.
- Develop and deliver go to market strategies, technical capability documents, educational content, product training, sales tools, and application specific targeting strategies to enable the sales team and define product level value proposition to enhance customer journey across all channels.
- Champion an “8020 for growth” culture to drive alignment across functions and disciplines in support of the customer. Manage the business based on customer needs utilizing pertinent metrics to measure business performance.
- Develop comprehensive product requirements based off voice of customer (VoC) and work cross functionally with strategic teams to generate business cases that aid in the justification and prioritization of new products.
What do we need?
- Bachelor’s degree required; A Master’s or PhD preferred. MBA strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing or commercializing products that serve the life sciences and chromatography end market is a plus.
- A minimum of 10+years of experience in strategic marketing and product management in life sciences.
- A minimum of 5+ years of people management and business leadership.
- Demonstrated capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities.
- Prior experience with success leading in a matrixed global organizational structure.
- Proven track record of attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining high potential and diverse talent.
- Strong change management skills and experiences.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills and experience translating plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Strong financial acumen; able to understand impact of negotiation points on a business engagement.
- Willing to travel approximately 30% of time.
- Outstanding leadership skills that bring out the best in your team and others through direct interaction and influence. Seen as a “go to” leader of the organization.
- Strong customer/quality orientation with demonstrated ability to effectively build and manage customer and partner relationships at the most senior level.
- Metrics and data driven with exceptional skill managing a team to overachieve objectives based on sound commercial processes and through the deployment of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Executive presence with capacity to promote enthusiasm and gain support through strong verbal, written and presentation communications skills.
- Strong personal drive and motivation to reach new objectives and drive change.
- Relationship architect; able to build a strong network of influential supporters.
- Excellence in collaboration as a leader and a coach. The ability to draw out the best in your team and allow them to grow and succeed as the business achieves its goals.
- Ability to thrive amidst change and ambiguity and help others with the same.
Form rev. 04/14/2022
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
Already a member? Sign In