Director, Product Management
Austin, TX, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:150 people have viewed this job
The Director, Product Management within Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) will support the vAuto and Homenet, and Cox Automotive Rebates and Incentives (CAR&I) brands.The candidate is responsible for partnering with product leaders, business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to lead and champion the development of new and evolution of existing products that delight clients, meet strategic and financial business objectives, and continue to position the ISS products to thrive and win in the market over time.The vAuto and HomeNet products provide data insights that help dealers acquire new and used cars, price vehicles based on applicable rebates and a Live Market View, as well as market and merchandise cars online.Our goal is to enable Dealers to maximize profitability by maintaining a balanced portfolio of new and used inventory that is aligned with supply and demand.
The ideal candidate will bring a balanced mix of people leadership skills, strategic thinking skills, diverse communication skills, innovation, product management and product delivery skills.
The individual will not only lead the Product Managers that support existing products but also be responsible for the innovation and growth of Cox Automotive Solutions & ISS product suite.
This person will partner with the Engineering, Product, and Business Leaders to identify and implement process improvements to enhance our product suite, and they will work closely with the key business stakeholders to identify ways to improve our product lifecycle management.
The candidate will also develop and maintain relationships with our clients to better understand their needs and pain points with the ISS and other Retail Solutions Software in addition to other competitors in the marketplace.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Lead and manage the full lifecycle of products within an ISS Product Line(s) / Release Train
• Define the vision, strategy and product roadmap that balances market needs with internal resources that provide the company’s Inventory Software product offerings with unique competitive advantages
• Work with the Executive Team at ISS and Cox Automotive Retail Solutions to identify and prioritize new product initiatives on a quarterly and yearly basis
• Provide regular updates to the ISS, Cox Automotive Executive Teams, and select Clients on the current and future objectives for ISS Roadmap
• Establish strong relationships with a key group of our Clients to foster ongoing communication on current product features and future product concepts
• Champion continuous process improvements within the Product, User Experience, and Engineering teams to both grow and develop team members and to drive higher customer value from the product delivery pipeline
• Manage, provide ongoing mentoring and oversight for the Product Managers
• Oversee the definition, design, development, and launch of new products and enhancements following Scaled Agile product development practices
• Partner with technology and business leaders to ensure the Product Roadmap supports ISS and Cox Automotive business objectives
• Work directly with Sales, Performance Management, Operations, Marketing and Client Support to maintain a solid understanding of both the competitive landscape and customer needs
• Serve as the champion for product initiatives to the portfolio team, delivery stream, release trains and other roles from User Experience, Product Managers, Engineers, and Scrum Masters
• 10+ years of experience in a Product Management or Product Development role
• 10+ years of leading product development teams using multiple methodologies
• 10+ years of experience directly managing and leading
• 5+ years of experience working in an Agile development environment
• Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment with geographically distributed team members
• Demonstrated ability to lead product ideation, discovery, and delivery in an Agile environment with a strong focus on collaboration between customers, stakeholders, and delivery teams
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to present and translate complex information to executive, technical, and business partners
• Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
• Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; detail-oriented individual
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• Automotive experience is strongly desired
• Up to 25% travel may be required
Already a member? Sign In