Director Production Operations
Groton, CT, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Operations / Production
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Director of Operations will report directly to the AVP Dealertrack Registration & Titling Solutions (RTS) and is responsible for assisting in and supporting the planning, development, and execution of the RegUSA strategy and long-term vision, as well as having primary responsibility for all business operations functions in the Wilmington, OH and East Greenbush, NY facilities. The Director will provide leadership and management, driving continual production improvements and efficiencies as it relates to all operational activities.
• Responsible for helping develop the long-term vision and strategy for RegUSA.
• Responsible to help drive to execution the long-term strategies for RegUSA as it pertains to Clients, Vendors, Product, and business needs.
• Work closely with the AVP and the Dealer Solutions leadership to drive new opportunities to protect and grow revenue for the RegUSA business.
• The Director will engage directly with our Digital Disruptor customers and cross functional teams to identify current needs and assess a potential solution as well as identify new opportunities to further the Digital Disruptor relationships with Cox Automotive.
• Develop documentation of all key processes and cross train resources to ensure continuity of business operations.
• Set and measure achievement of Key KPI’s related to capacity, efficiency, and quality.
• Develop and maintain staffing model and forward-looking volume forecast to ensure appropriate staffing.
• Assist and provide support in contract negotiations and pricing discussions with major customers and vendor partner relationships.
• Maintain constant visibility of product reliability and customer experience issues, responding with responsible and thorough corrective and preventive actions.
• Responsible for the Project Management and Business Analysis team. Projects can include but are not limited to facilities expansion and moves, execution of the Operational Readiness process, complex cross functional efforts, software solution implementation efforts, and systems conversions.
• Responsible for the Fleet production team. Fleet production includes ongoing processing of fleet registrations, planning, and execution of seasonal renewals, and ad hoc support for sales of customer relationships.
• Effectively manage, develop, and motivate team of 4 direct reports and ~100 indirect reports.
• Build and drive a culture of transparency, accountability, and collaboration.
• Constantly strive to improve all aspects of operations at every level.
• Compensation includes a base salary of $113,600 – 159,100. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience.
• Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
• Must be able to clearly understand the business needs of RegUSA & RTS.
• Must be able to clearly articulate an understanding of the issues and be able to present solutions.
• Must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple business lines and matrixed organizations to help drive results.
• Must be able to drive to execution agreed upon strategies.
• Must be able to assess, coach and develop the operations management, staff, and organization to ensure continuity of our business needs.
• Managing Change: Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of organizational change; addresses resistance to change and help individuals adapt to change; encourages and rewards others to identify opportunities to do things differently; eases change through effectively simplifying complex, contradictory situations.
• A commitment to continuous improvement in an ever-changing industry.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, but Master’s Degree preferred.
• Experience: 8-10 yrs with at least 5-yrs in a leadership role.
• Prefer background with management experience in Service, Production, and/or Manufacturing.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, analyze complex problems and suggest appropriate solutions, exhibiting good decision quality and strategic mindset.
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and written.
• Excellent organizational skills, business insight, and financial acumen.
• Proven ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range strategies and goals, driving appropriate results.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to schedule and prioritize tasks of team to promote the efficient use of time and monitor progress against schedule.
• Ability to negotiate lender and/or vendor contracts.
• Proficient with Windows, MS Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Proven experience evaluating, developing, and managing teams that focus on performance and execution.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation.We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Already a member? Sign In