Director, Ready Product Support
Indianapolis, IN, USA | Kronos Incorporated
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
The Workforce Ready support team is a large multi-functional, multi-layered international organization. As the Director of Support, you’ll take an organization-wide view of performance metrics, process, and training for the Global Support group. This includes planning and directing strategies in support of our rapid growth while creating a highly engaged and collaborative culture.
• Direct reports include functional managers and an indirect staff of 30+ employees.
• Establishes organizational goals and objectives, and monitors performance to plan. Adjusts resources, organization structure, and personnel to achieve attainment of overall goals. Delegates tasks and assignments to appropriate subordinates and monitors progress.
• Conceives strategies that improve customer satisfaction, profitability, employee satisfaction, and which support the sales efforts. Builds cross-market, integrated support strategies and is responsible for implementation and results.
• Gives significant input into strategic and tactical decisions related to the functional discipline
• Solves multiple problems involving complex technical and managerial issues involving functional discipline and across multiple disciplines. Problems encountered are often strategic in nature and have long term implications
• Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company strategies and procedures. Often meets with senior managers and peers from other functional groups to deal with external dependencies and issue resolution
• Interacts with senior customer management (VP/Director level) in both pre and post sales situations. Represents Kronos to these customers and has authority to commit significant company resources in these interactions. Responsible for customers’ overall satisfaction.
• Responsible for key product input and requirements communications to Engineering which have very significant impact on medium term company competitive positioning and service delivery costs.
• Develops staffing strategies. Recruits and hires staff. Supervises direct and functional reports. Establishes individual performance goals and priorities. Reviews performance against goals. Provides counseling. Plans, approves, and implements programs for the timely development and progress of each individual. Plans and grants salary increases as appropriate. Manages discipline and documentation steps in problem employee situations. Manages dismissals.
• Minimum 10 years technical support management experience (3 years at Director level) in a high volume support environment, preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience in HR, Payroll and/or Time and Labor domains, preferred.
• Proven results in improving customer satisfaction, customer retention, employee engagement and team productivity.
• Proven experience in creating a customer centric culture.
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational, and managerial skills with an indirect staff of at least 50 employees. Ability to manage conflict situations constructively.
• Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize projects, time manage, and practice detail oriented organizational skills.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and consistently delivering projects on or before expected due dates.
• Experience preparing and writing demonstration, proposals, policies, procedures, job descriptions, and schedules.
• Demonstrated track record in identifying and deploying leading edge support solutions.
• Use of good judgment and a sense of urgency in the decision making process when assessing problems/situations.
• Work independently without direct supervision and with minimal guidelines
Already a member? Sign In