Director - Research & Engagement
Knoxville, TN, USA | University of Tennessee
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
The Office of Research & Engagement is seeking an experienced professional to serve as the Research Integrity Compliance Officer. This position will be responsible for investigating allegations of research misconduct according to regulations and UTK policy as well as providing research integrity training and compliance support to faculty, students and staff. The Research Integrity Compliance Officer will manage, enhance and facilitate the application and interpretation of the UTK Institutional Plan for the Responsible Conduct of Research. Responsibilities also include managing the training, campus awareness, and report interpretations related to UTK plagiarism prevention software and managing the continuous quality improvement aspects of this program. This position will function in collaboration with other compliance officers to promulgate the range of safety and security programs necessary for a fully integrated compliance structure at UTK and serve as a member of the broader senior management team for the Office of Research and Engagement.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in business, public administration, a science discipline or a related field
• Minimum of five (5) years prior experience in a research integrity program, and/or professional experience related to the oversight of contracts, grants or management of federally regulated programs.
Minimum Required Skills and Abilities:
• Generalized knowledge of federal regulatory requirements as they relate to grants, contracts and program management.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex regulations and requirements to the university community.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion including oversight of documents, interface with other participants and reporting of project outcomes.
• Presentation skills and evidenced experience in communicating to varied constituencies and audiences.
• Ability to supervise professional staff and set clear performance expectations
• Preference will be given to candidates with direct knowledge, skills and experience in research integrity programs within a university, national laboratory, or other research environment.
• Please attach the following electronic documents to the application:
o Letter of Interest
Alrdeady a member? Sign In