Director - Sterile Processing
Asheville, NC, USA | Mission Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:84 people have viewed this job
Under the direction of the AVP Perioperative Services, the Sterile Processing Director will assist in the operation of the department by exerting a leadership role in carrying out the Mission, Goals and Objectives of the hospital, focusing on the patient, physician, employees and customers. Will assist with integrating operations with other departments to ensure efficiency and coordination. Assists the in recruiting the services of qualified and competent personnel to provide sufficient number and balance of services. Ensures the qualifications and competence of the departmental staff. Assist the manager of Sterile Processing in maintaining appropriate quality control programs, while providing continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and/or services. Assist with orientation and continuing education of all department personnel. Recommends resources as needed by the department, to the AVP of Perioperative Services. Promotes and supports the hospital to all potential customers by assuming an active role in Hospital, as well as Community events.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Nursing/Two Year Surgical Technology Course/ CRCST
Preferred Education: MBA
Required License/Certification: CSPDT/IAHCSMM Certification
Preferred License: RN
• Minimum of three (5) years Sterile Processing, Two Year Surgical Technology Course or CRCST by (IAHCSMM) or CSPDT Certification.
• Excellent leadership skills, communication and technical skills.
• Ability to work under pressure situations.
• Attention to details.
• Ability to operate computer.
• Knowledge of operating room instrumentation and equipment.
• Knowledge of aseptic technique and infection control.
• 5 years of progressive leadership experience in Central Sterile Processing
Preferred Experience: 5 years of progressive leadership experience in Central Sterile Processing
Already a member? Sign In