Director, Teammate Relations
Winston Salem, NC, USA | Wake Forest
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Directs, promotes and implements human resource programs and procedures to help align leadership and teammates with the strategic goals.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree required. 5 years of related experience required. Management, delegation, leadership, and organizational skills required. HR certification (i.e., CCP, PHR, SPHR or CEBS) preferred based on role. Previous management or supervisory experience preferred. Oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, computer skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks required. Demonstrated proficiency in working with Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required. Experience with PeopleSoft or other HR Information Systems preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:PHR/SPHR, or CHCR preferred.
- Directs, coordinates, implements, executes, and controls and completes overall of specific projects ensuring consistency with company commitments and goals.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports to carry out the functions of the division. Prepares reports for leadership, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Directs the day to day operations through team members to ensure timely, accurate, efficient and courteous Human Resources (HR) services in a cost effective manner.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Collaborates with division leaders and other Human Resources teammates to promote efficiency and analyzes current and future needs of the system.
- Updates leaders regarding relevant HR initiatives. Attends facility leadership meetings on a regular basis to provide updates on human resources issues, policies and procedures.
- Provides group and one-on-one coaching with operations leadership as well as team members to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, and problem solving and performance management.
- Plays a consultative role in communication initiatives within HR division.
Additional Essential Functions
- Drives development, research, benchmarking and forward-looking policies and procedures concerning teammate relations and human resources practices.
- Collaborates with leaders across the system to socialize, develop and implement policies.
- Investigate/respond to complaints from Bureau of Labor, or other agencies.
- May represent the Company in arbitrations and hearings related to litigation matters.
- Assists AVP with development and implementation of Teammate Relations best practices.
- Assists AVP with development of case tracking model, SLAs and KPIs within the department.
- Help facilitate gathering of information to identify potential teammate relations issues
- Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies.
- Partners with Atrium Office of General Counsel (OGC)
- Serves as leader in the absence of the AVP.
Additional Training and Certifications
Human Resources leadership experience preferred.MBA preferred.HR Certification preferred. Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills. Significant experience leading process improvement and change management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong consulting skills with proven ability to interact, collaborate, and deliver results through influence management
- Proven ability to think strategically and conceptually, while delivering tactical results
- Ability to independently manage and deliver on multi-faceted priorities and projects
- Proven ability to coach, develop, and train peers and partners
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and demonstrates resiliency, adaptability and commitment
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, problem solving, and critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent thought
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Clean, well-lit, comfortable, office environment
- Subject to many interruptions
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Already a member? Sign In