Director, Technology - VP
New York, NY, USA | FCB Global
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
The VP/Director of Technology will work closely with members of technology, product and leadership teams across departments. Holding a 15+ years of experience in software architecture, application design, development and production of creative solutions to address cross domain system integrations using custom or pre-existing tools and services.
Candidates must possess the hard and soft skills required to manage a department that includes Strategic Technology, Creative Technology, and Quality Assurance. Candidate must be highly adaptable, curios, resourceful, analytical thinker, problem solver, pro-active, collaborative thinker, technologically savvy and be able to operate in a dynamic environment. Candidate must have experience managing and mentoring technology teams with career growth and conflict resolution.
They will be helping senior leadership through participating in new business activities by proposing solutions, preparing written submissions, and delivering oral presentations. They will collaborate with project teams to develop and innovative solutions that address our client's unique needs. They will ensure those technical solutions meet requirements and are delivered on time and on budget keeping data and application security in check while continuously improving and following SDLC process. They will help their employees plan for and achieve their career goals. All these skills are required to realize our ultimate goal – delivering great and innovative products.
• Assumes overall accountability on all deliverables. Participates in project planning meetings to implement architecture and assess long-term goals of scalability and quickness.
• Work closely with tech leads to solidify business and technology requirement documents.
• Use data driven approach to mitigate scope creep and help product teams through project timeline.
• Help solidify SDLC principles across technology teams.
• Help review and synthesize information to form independent judgment for optimal technology solution while monitoring time and budget.
• Working with HR to recruit and retain talent.
• Training and mentoring junior team members to overcome roadblocks and carrier growth.
• Evangelize use of technology to transform business and technology solutions.
• Helps to define a staffing strategy across the Health network and ensures all digital jobs, teams, and departments are staffed with appropriate Technology and resources. Ensures utilization goals are met.
New Business Development
• Participates in pre-project business development activities including audits, consulting, pricing, and delivering pitch work. Participate in pitches. Propose solutions and define roadmap to achieving them.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in business development activities by proposing solutions and defining the level of effort to achieve them. Prepare written submission and participate in oral presentations.
• Work alongside HR to recruit and retain freelance and full-time talent.
• Work with technology leads and integrated producers to ensure projects are appropriately staffed and department utilization goals are met.
• Ensure department understands and uses our project management platform, Workfront.
• Collaborate with project teams to devise cohesive strategies and refine requirements to ensure our solutions are properly architected through data flow and application architecture diagram.
• Apply standard Software Development Methodologies.
• Leads the technology leads in root-cause analyses, communicate options for resolution including recommendations to resolve technical issues and if necessary, diving into the codebase to overcome roadblocks and/or help guide technology leads.
• Champion a culture of quality by performing code audits including code optimization using Big O notation.
• Assume overall accountability for the successful delivery on all projects.
• Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries, and frameworks.
• Develop, document, and continually evolve workflows and processes.
• Lead TDD efforts and ensure near-complete code coverage in an automated test suite.
• Ensure implemented application architecture is scalable by utilizing performance testing.
• Help discuss trade-offs with clients and internal teams through clearly articulated evidence, preferably using data to support potential push backs and/or solidifying requirements.
• At least 15 years of experience of development/technology services at an advertising agency or high tech environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills with confidence and ability to interact effectively with technology teams, senior leaders, clients and other departments across the network.
• Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong grasp of cloud technologies and container services.
• Strong grasp of server-side languages such as Python, C#, C++, Java, etc.
• Strong grasp of software design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work with structured and unstructured data sources including optimization and indexing.
• Strong understanding of distributed systems, SOA, and n-tiered software architecture and software system designs.
• Strong understanding of scalability concepts and technology such as caching, load balancing, non-relational databases, microservices and sharding.
• Must demonstrate the ability the knowledge of mandates such as SOX and HIPAA
• Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and coordinate with relevant support functions, such as Technology, Quality Assurance, WebOps, Compliance and security, Analytics, Integrated Production, Experience design, Human Resources, etc.
• Builds a culture that develops a high degree of ownership from all colleagues, an environment of trust and openness, and a culture that delivers consistently superior results.
MIN YEARS AREA OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/PREFERRED
10 years Development/Technology Services at an Agency or High-Tech Environment or equivalent combination of work experience and education
Healthcare marketing Preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Must demonstrate the ability to understand server-side languages such as PHP, Java, Asp.Net, etc.)
Must demonstrate the ability to work with servers such as MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, and SQL Lite.
Digital Asset Management (DAM)
Must demonstrate the ability the knowledge of mandates such as SOX and HIPAA.
Shows the ability to communicate a vision or goal to others and lead them towards achieving it; Pushes for action and results, and wins the support and help of others
Creates clear goals, identifies and finds the resources (e.g. time, people, materials) needed to achieve them, and schedules tasks so that work is completed on time
Coaches to develop their capabilities beyond their job duties
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Ability to work effectively in team environment with individuals of all agency levels.
Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy
Shows interest in finding the cause of problems, looks for and chooses effective solutions and takes the necessary action to resolve them
Emphasizes the broader, longer term vision and values as a means of guiding decisions and actions
Demonstrates decisiveness, quick response and fast action; Makes a good judgment when involved in critical situations demanding on-the-spot decisions
Already a member? Sign In