Director, Transaction Advisory - Tax M&A - Southwest Region
Salt Lake City, UT, USA | BDO Consulting
Consulting - Accounting
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
At BDO, we believe our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice offers the potential for career advancement in an environment that emphasizes talent retention. BDO’s TAS leadership prioritizes each team member’s professional and personal development. By choosing BDO, you are joining not only a high growth profitable practice, but also a culture of helping people thrive every day. You will play a key part in continuing to grow the #1 Most Active M&A Advisor Globally and the #1 Due Diligence Provider (as recognized by PitchBook and Mergemarket) in the U.S.
We are invested in innovation, embedding cutting-edge and sophisticated data analytics tools into our engagement process, which allows our teams to provide our clients with deeper insights to make critical decisions. Our philosophy and holistic approach to servicing our M&A clients are designed to maximize the outcome of their transactions. As a TAS professional at BDO you will be a critical component of this effort, collaborating with other practice areas to offer our clients an array of pre- and post-transaction services. We have an important story to tell, one that is unique to BDO and one that we believe is the most compelling in the public accounting and professional services arena. We couldn’t be more excited about sharing our story with you.
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Transaction Advisory Services Director is an essential team member that will team with the transaction advisory partners to grow the practice and will lead teams responsible for traditional large firm M&A tax consulting (deal structuring, due diligence, post-deal integration, tax attribute management, and other special projects).
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or other relevant field required
- J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master’s in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university strongly preferred
- Nine (9) or more years of relevant experience, with no less than five (5) years of TAS relevant experience required
- Prior supervisory experience required
- CPA License and/or J.D. preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex information when providing crucial negotiation insights, etc.
- Must be technically competent across multiple US federal, international and state income tax disciplines
- Fundamental working knowledge of all or essentially all non-income based federal, state and foreign tax regimes, including but not limited to indirect, payroll, property and ad valorem taxes
- Understanding of US GAAP, including the accounting for income tax principles
- Experience with tax controversy and procedure
- Ability and willingness to travel, when necessary
Already a member? Sign In