Director, Walk to End Alzheimer's
Lynnnwood, WA, USA | Leading Voluntary Health Organization
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in Lynnwood, WA, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for all aspects of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Seattle.
* Responsible for high level volunteer recruitment, training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals.
* Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
* Responsible for overall Walk to End Alzheimer’s volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, marketing/PR, logistics and best practice implementation.
* Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve development goals.
* Execute plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
* Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
* Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
* Ensure Walk to End Alzheimer’s standards are being followed.
* Support and participate in formal advocacy and public policy activities as requested.
* Represent the Chapter at public events, conferences, and media events as needed.
* Manage Walk-Specific social media, such as Facebook pages and groups, Instagram accounts, and Twitter.
* Responsible for other duties as assigned.
* Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals.
* Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background.
* Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners.
* Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships.
* Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy.
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals. While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required.
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials.
* Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software.
* Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.