Director, XCS Data Architecture
Philadelphia, PA, USA | Comcast
Industry:Media / Entertainment
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:107 people have viewed this job
Reporting into the XCS Data Architecture lead, this role will be responsible for guiding the development and implementation of the data architecture that will deliver high quality data supporting enterprise reporting and analysis. The Director of Data Architecture will work as part of a team to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Partner with functional business teams, business analysts, and data stewards to fully understand and contextualize business problems and opportunities to design and develop data structures that support a broad range of reporting and analytical needs.
- Interpreting and translating goals into data architectural patterns.
- Recommend improvements to overall design and architecture of existing assets.
- Maintain and influence relationships with senior leaders.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex data problems.
- Providing guidance that follows the enterprise architectural vision and adheres to guidelines.
- Fully define user stories that refine the complex business problem into a way that technical teams can both understand and leverage, enabling efficient hand-offs and hedging bottlenecks or development risks.
- Work closely with engineering teams to solve customer problems and implement new solutions.
- Continually collaborate with team leads, operations teams, as well as business intelligence practice to understand how the associated data project(s) adheres to the broader roadmap, itemizing specific opportunities to help shape and influence a more scalable and sustainable analytics environment.
- Act as a subject matter expert in broader initiatives with external domains (Enterprise Business Intelligence, Acquisition Marketing, etc.) and help foster knowledge transfers and system/platform requirements to bridge disparate business requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters in Information Systems, Data Analytics, or related discipline is required.
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience.
- Strong background in data modeling and data design, including star and snowflake schema modeling.
- Track record of delivering data design strategies and implementing architectural designs.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and business intelligence/reporting platforms is required.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Teradata, and Hadoop is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in translating high-level business objectives and strategic imperatives to refined, actionable data development requirements, as well as the ability to break down complex technical jargon into business context.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and champion end-to-end data project workflow.
- Advanced technical design and problem-solving skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively learn new business tools and processes.
- Self-motived and works at a high-level independently, even with limited or ambiguous requirements/direction.
- Project Management/knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Exposure to agile development methodology will be helpful, but not required.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience; think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff; be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team; make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System; a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Already a member? Sign In