Division Chief Of Child Development
Richmond, VA, USA | Virginia Commonwealth University
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
This position will serve as Chief of Developmental Pediatrics for the Division of Child Development. The Chief of Developmental Pediatrics will support outpatient services at the Child Development Clinic at Children’s Hospital of Richmond, which provides comprehensive patient assessments through medical, psychological, social work and educational testing. The physician will diagnose and recommend care planning, referrals, follow-up care coordination and intervention for the division’s patients.
Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities. Faculty member will provide teaching and mentorship to students, residents, and other trainees when applicable.
Faculty member will have working knowledge in research methods and be able to participate in clinical, translational, and outcomes research.
Faculty member will serve on departmental or School of Medicine level committees when appropriate, and engage in professional activities through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
Faculty member will serve as a developmental physician for the Department of Pediatrics in the Division of Child Development in support of the clinical mission of CHoR at VCU.
5. Other (i.e., administrative duties, etc.)
Faculty member will take on administrative duties associated with this role.
• Board certified in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics or Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
• Experience with clinical care of patients birth to 21 years of age
• Experience in interdisciplinary team work environments
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
• A well-developed scholarly/research portfolio with evidence of multi-disciplinary applications and external funding appropriate to complement and expand existing expertise in the department
• Demonstrated excellent teaching skills
• Previous experience in an academic medical center
• Previous program/divisional leadership experience
• National / international recognition
Already a member? Sign In