EG- Director Business Development and Strategy
San Francisco, CA, USA | Fluidigm Corporation
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
*EG Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for an energetic, hands-on, experienced Director of Business Development and Strategy
Improving life. It’s what drives us each day. That’s why we provide multi-omic solutions to study cancer, inflammatory diseases and immunotherapies in transformative new ways.
Harnessing the power of proprietary CyTOF® and microfluidics technologies, we empower our customers to uncover new insights in health and disease, identify meaningful biomarkers and accelerate therapeutic development. Together we strive to improve the quality of life for all.
The Director of Business Development and Strategy reports directly to the VP, GM of the microfluidics franchise will be responsible for the end-to-end process of cultivating, developing, and executing strategic partnerships and external transactions that support our strategy.
These partnerships may include content development, OEM and out-licensing, or channel partnerships to access select markets. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the markets we compete in, as well as a strong mix of strategic thinking, cross-functional team leadership, and excellent communication skills.
- Translate unmet customer and market needs to inform our overall strategy
- Identify partnership and acquisition opportunities that complement our organic growth
- Proactively cultivate business development and partnership relationships
- Lead cross-functional teams in performing due diligence to assess opportunity potential, feasibility, and risk
- Drive consensus building among internal stakeholder
- Develop deal structures, lead negotiations, and close transactions
- Manage field-based team of Alliance Managers and Customer Support Project Managers to ensure dedicated support of OEM and strategic partners post deal close
- 10+ years of relevant licensing and business development experience, including identification & validation of strategic business opportunities in the life sciences field, as well as proven track record of relevant completed business development transactions
- Experience in the molecular diagnostics or life science tools industry required
- Experience in management consulting or investment banking a plus
- Experience in contract negotiation and alliance management required
- Global business experience
- B.S. in life science
- MBA or M.S. or Ph.D.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership, business, technical, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Ability to simplify the complex to enable decision making
- Ability to connect disaggregated technical, commercial, and financial domains to see value
- Vision to identify opportunities and using fact-based approaches to drive business recommendations and decisions
- Familiarity with intellectual property and business practices
- Excellent relationship building skills internal and external
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; attention to detail; experience drafting term sheets and contract provisions
- Track record of successfully working with a variety of stakeholders (internal and external) to resolve complex issues and create unique solutions
- Ability to adjust for geographic and cultural differences
- Ability to travel 25%-50% both domestically and internationally
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
Make sure you have fun, are fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health?
Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In